Austin Ridge Bible Church
Why We Love This Opportunity
Slingshot is thrilled to partner once again with Austin Ridge Bible Church as they search for a strategic and relational Student Pastor who loves working with and leading a team. The ministry needs a strong communicator but desires a person who can lead and develop both paid and volunteer staff.
About This Organization
Situated along the winding roads of the Texas Hill Country of Austin sits a church on the side of a rocky ridge just outside the city. Austin Ridge Bible Church started with a handful of people as Westlake Bible Church. In 2004, Brad Thomas became the Lead Pastor of the then congregation of 300. With a heart and vision to reach the city, Austin Ridge has blossomed into a church with three campuses and nearly 5,000 people in attendance each week.
Austin Ridge is a church for all people. This Bible-grounded church is committed to leading people towards a life focused on the finished work of Jesus, the hope of the Gospel as declared in God’s Word, and the way this truth transforms us into followers of Jesus. The goal at Austin Ridge is to create environments where people can encounter God. When attending Austin Ridge on the weekend, one will be inspired by the dynamic and genuine worship, encouraged by the message, welcomed by the amazing community of people & be reminded that God’s grace is present and available to all! The environment is casual, and they simply want people to come as they are.
The Student Ministry Pastor is passionate about seeing middle, and high school students come to know Jesus, grow in Him, and serve Him.
· Mature, a growing disciple with a consistent devotional life
· Exhibits a missional lifestyle and mindset
· Possesses an undergraduate degree
· Passionate about evangelism/discipleship
· Ability to work on a team
· Capable and influencing team leader with strong interpersonal skills
· Familiar with current trends related to teens, parents, and families
· Understands effective approaches to student ministry
· Self-motivated, strategic thinker with strong communication skills
· Commitment to and agreement with the statement of faith of Austin Ridge Bible Church
· It is expected that this person is now or will become an active member of Austin Ridge Bible Church
· Create a balanced ministry through developing a variety of environments for students to come to know Jesus, grow in Him, and serve Him
· Develop and implement strategies, budgets, and goals for growing the ministry
· Expand the student ministry through recruiting and equipping new leaders
· Lead the student ministry staff
· Develop relationships with parents
Share This resource