We are pleased to partner with the forward thinking people at Covenant Community to land a great fit Director to build upon the solid base of students and young adults seeking to make a difference in their community!
CCPC makes its home on a wonderful piece of land just a couple miles away from virtually everything! It is equally accessible to those in outlying rural areas and to those who live in town, as well. The church has an average Sunday worship attendance of 250, but will see well over 400 on holidays.
Covenant Community Presbyterian is truly a multi-generational congregation located near the growing communities surrounding Wausau, Wisconsin. The church (in Schofield, WI), has a first-class reputation and has been a blessing to the area through the many community services it provides. The people of Covenant Community Presbyterian Church (CCPC) are intentional in their efforts to reach the community with the love of God and believe that supporting the youth and young adults ministry is one key way of carrying out this mission.
Continue to build a relational youth ministry where youth (grades 6 -12) feel welcomed, valued and cared for as they learn who Jesus is, how to follow Him and how basic Bible truths can help them to make right choices in their lives.
Oversee assimilation of young adults into the church family. The Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries must demonstrate a relationship with Christ in his or her personal spiritual life, including regular corporate worship with the congregation and service to Christ.
– Passion for Christ
– Ability to recruit and manage volunteers
– Energetic passion for youth and young adults
– Leader of creative Christ-centered youth ministry
– Ability to envision and implement inter-generational programming
– Team builder/player
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
– Leading, programming, and planning youth activities
– Support/resource youth Sunday curriculum/planning, volunteer recruitment and development
– Plan and provide weekly middle school and high school youth gatherings
– Plan and lead youth conference trips, mission trips, retreats and large events
– Coordinate regular youth service opportunities
– Plan annual special events for fundraising and fun
– Facilitate any church wide (inter-generational) activities interacting with youth including Confirmation class