Why We Love This Opportunity
The Crossing’s mission is to be the place people go to EXPLORE faith and EXPERIENCE the life changing ways of Jesus. Their Creative Arts Team has a culture of humility, mission, and a summer-camp-feel of fun and bonding. They are hard workers and collaborative creators. They have held the front-line of pivoting, reaching, adapting, and creating new experiences, especially in this recent season.
The Crossing is a church for people from all walks of life and backgrounds. At The Crossing you don’t need to know anything about God, the Bible, church or Christianity. We welcome everyone, including those of us who don’t have it all figured out. They make a positive difference in our communities with the Love of Jesus.
The Crossing was founded in September 1988, to create a church that people who have never been to church love attending. In September of 2018, on the 30th anniversary of The Crossing, Founding Pastor, Tim Celek, transitioned from his role and handed over the leadership to Pastor Andrew Brownback.
A successful Worship Pastor at The Crossing will have a huge desire to bring creative, heartfelt, engaging experiences to reach non-Christians, while encouraging Believers. They will be unafraid to lead their team to try new things and pull from different cultures and styles to reach new people. They will love collaboration, have a good sense of humor, and see the big picture. The Worship Pastor will be adept at recruiting and able to promote humble, healthy team dynamics.
– Design and execute excellent experiences (online and in-person)
– Help create a culture of worship, welcome, and connection
– Recruit, Disciple, and Develop the Arts Team
– Care for the spiritual health of church attenders and volunteers throughout life events
– Get to know new, unchurched people and invite them to The Crossing and Creative Arts Team
– PROGRAMMING – Always keeping in mind what an unchurched person would relate to and enjoy, in partnership with CA Pastor, oversee experiences that a diverse audience finds trustworthy and engaging.
– WEEKEND DETAILS – Manage and communicate all details to staff and volunteers for an excellent, volunteer-friendly, audience-engaging service.
– VOLUNTEERS – Build, disciple, and encourage the volunteer music team.