Why We Love This Opportunity
We are loving how much this church loves their city! Christ Central Church in Durham, North Carolina, is truly an example of the beauty that happens when people lock arms on mission to reach and serve their community. They are leaning in, creating environments for people from all walks of life to discover Jesus, and showing up as a multi-cultural, diverse and dynamic body of believers.
Church or Org Description
Vision | We exist to seek the glory of God and the good of Durham.
Mission | We see this being accomplished through spiritual renewal, social renewal, and cultural renewal.
Values | We value delighting in God, resting in grace, embracing one another, serving the city, and seeking a renewal movement.
Located in the city center of Durham, North Carolina, Christ Central Church has been living on mission from its inception six and a half years ago. As part of the PCA (Presbyterian Church in America) denominational family, they’ve got solid roots in the Gospel while also working to be seeker friendly and relevant. Average weekly attendance was 700+ ‘pre-COVID’ and they are excited to be regathering again as a church family. They’ve weathered the storm and can’t wait to see what God has planned for the future.
The Christ Central Worship Director is responsible for leading the congregation in worship. This person will also oversee the worship band and coordinate the band members for Sunday morning worship services as well as other services and programs that incorporate music. This leader will think through worship as a whole, contributing to selection of liturgy and its integration with the music.
• Select songs for Sunday worship, incorporating a mix of hymns, contemporary worship, and gospel songs
• Recruit, train, and lead members of band. Cultivate community among band members and shepherd them well
• Plan and execute other worship-oriented events
• Think through worship environments, creating a unique atmosphere for liturgical seasons like Lent and Advent
• Participate in staff life – weekly meetings, devotionals, prayer, etc.
• A sinner saved by grace
• Exemplary character as exhibited in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
• Passionate about the vision and mission of Christ Central Church
• Accepting of and excited about our staff values – camaraderie, collaboration, and prayerfulness
• Ability to cultivate strong team dynamics and manage team members
• Vocal and musical ability to lead with excellence from the stage
• A strong gift for leadership and willingness to develop others