Chief Executive Officer
World Gospel Outreach
World Gospel Outreach (WGO) is looking for a new Chief Executive Officer to help lead their ongoing development and future growth. Currently working in Honduras and Belize, its mission is to impact the faith of Christ followers through serving and evangelizing children and the poor.
WGO was founded in 1984 as a distribution ministry in Honduras (i.e., bringing in food and medicines and distributing them in the poor areas of the capital city of Tegucigalpa). They evolved into bringing missions teams (now numbering 75 teams per year) down to serve the poor with a distinct focus on evangelism. In 2009, they expanded their work into Belize.
Their work is driven by three fundamental Biblical mandates: to care for the poor, and especially widows and orphans (James 1:27); to be fishers of men and to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the lost (Matthew 4:19); and to be accountable before God for how they meet the needs of others (Matthew 25:31–46).
They accomplish their mission by engaging in three areas of ministry:
- Serve Teams – Meeting physical and spiritual needs
- Rancho Ebenezer Children’s Ministry – Caring for at-risk children
- Impact on the North American believer – Life-changing opportunities to serve
WGO’s annual budget is $5 million, of which $1.2 million is derived from Gifts in Kind and $1.6 million is direct missionary support and airfare. The operating budget is approximately $2.2 million, with 50% coming from Serve Teams’ “ground fees” and the balance mostly given by individual donors and several partnering churches. They have 90 full-time staff (75 in Honduras, 8 in Belize and 7 in the U.S.).
The new Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for and oversee all of the day-to-day activities of the organization, including both U.S. and overseas operations, fundraising and marketing. S/he is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and vision. This position collaborates with the Executive Chairman and the Board to design a strategy and then oversees its implementation. The CEO provides visionary leadership to the staff and manages the ministry in a manner that is consistent with the values of the organization. S/he heads a leadership team responsible for the effectiveness of ministry programs, excellent management of WGO’s resources, and the recruitment of needed ministry resources. It would be preferable for the new CEO to live in Austin, if possible, but this is not a requirement.
A likely candidate would be:
- A COO or CEO of a similar-sized ministry or organization;
- On the Executive Team of a larger organization, being ready to make the step to be the CEO;
- A senior Development person ready for the opportunity to use his or her leadership skills in a more holistic way;
- Someone from the business or corporate world who has a history of strong involvement in lay ministry and a demonstrated understanding of the nonprofit world.
S/he will have:
- At least five (5) years of senior leadership-level experience.
- International and cross-cultural experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff.
To review the full Profile (highly recommended), please click here.
To learn more about the work of World Gospel Outreach, visit their website at www.wgoreach.com.