Allen Creek Community Church (or “AC3” as they call it) is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to innovate and reach out to the unchurched region of the Pacific Northwest. As the church re-engages coming out of COVID, the students stand ready for something new, something fresh and seek to reach their friends with the love of God.
Allen Creek Community Church (AC3) was planted in 1994 by two couples with a passion to reach people who did not know Jesus in Marysville, WA. With a very humble start, this seeker-oriented church with just a handful of people began meeting in a living room with Rick Thiessen serving as the founding Pastor.
Their vibe is still very much the same, they still seek to reach the unchurched seeker, but instead of entering a living room, congregants and visitors now have a large warehouse space to be welcomed into where relationships can be strengthened and new friendships can begin.
Prior to COVID-19, AC3 had just completed a deep evaluation with a consulting group. Based on recommendations, several strategic changes were being implemented. And now as things begin to open back up (from COVID) AC3 is focused on these new implementations, improving their online presence and preparing to reach more people through programming and a renewed passion for reaching the unchurched region.
OVERALL: The goal of the youth ministry at AC3 is to help students fulfill Christ’s purposes for everyone: To Love God. To Love the Church. To Love the World.
OVERSIGHT: The youth pastor reports to the Senior Pastor—for spiritual and ministry guidance.
– Create environments for life change
– Build a team of passionate volunteer leaders
– Develop/implement a discipling plan
– Develop opportunities for students to show Christ’s love
– Connect relationally with students
– Be an advocate for students
– Develop a teaching plan
– Shepherd volunteer team
– Develop a strategic ministry outreach
– Manage student ministry budget
– Communicate with students and parents in a timely manner
– Attend all weekly Staff Meetings
QUALIFICATIONS AND APTITUDES
– Adhere AC3’s core statements of belief, mission, vision and values.
– Commitment to Jesus Christ
– Growing and demonstrable Christian character