Cedar Grove Community Church is an amazing and strategic location in the heart of Livermore and is in the midst of a renovation (physically, spiritually and methodologically) and seeing the results and new people come to check out what is happening. They are primed for a new Student Pastor to come in and take the core of students and leaders to new places as they make an impact on the community.
Cedar Grove Community Church is a non-denominational church, established in 1946, located in Livermore, California. CGCC has a heart for making disciples of Jesus while being fully engaged with their local community.
In 1946 a small group of Christians answered God’s call to plant a church in what was then a small rural community of just 3,900 people. From the very beginning the focus of Cedar Grove has been to make disciples of Jesus as they help people encounter God, grow together, and make a difference. The Church is now doing so in a city of roughly 90,000 people!
The church has gathered at their current location since 1968. Nestled in a neighborhood behind a large lawn and majestic trees they deeply desire to bless the community. CGCC continues to serve alongside other local ministries as they strive to reflect Christ and share the hope they have in Jesus.
In 2019, the church experienced a healthy transition of leadership as the long standing lead pastor retired and a new pastor stepped in to begin a revitalization process to take CGCC to their next phase of ministry and community impact.
The Student Pastor at Cedar Grove Community Church will be responsible for leading and shepherding students and volunteers, building and developing volunteer teams, directing, organizing, and leading the Student Ministry of Cedar Grove.
Responsibilities of Position:
– High School programming
– Oversee Middle School programming
– Create a ministry model that appeals to a variety of students
– Develop pathways to reach unchurched students and connect them into the life of CGCC
– Establish and communicate a dream for the student ministry
– Recruit, train, and inspire volunteers to become leaders
– Foster connections within the two local high schools
– Develop appropriate partnerships with other local ministries (ex: Young Life and FCA) as is healthy and mutually beneficial
– Be a consistent part of the church’s preaching rotation
– Collaborate with CGCC’s staff and leadership
What you bring:
– bachelor’s degree, preferably with some formal Bible and theology background.
– experience in building and leading a ministry
– Doctrinal alignment
– Humble, positive, and courageous character
– Christ-follower who experiences God’s transformative power
– Dreamer who senses and shares the Holy Spirit’s leading
– Builder of people and ministries
– Effective communicator