We are excited to partner with Sugar Creek Church to find a Student Pastor to meet the growing needs of the Student Ministries at their Sugar Land Campus (Central Campus). This opportunity is an amazing opportunity to shepherd students, partner with parents and develop a wonderful leadership team.
After a couple years of small group gatherings, calling a pastor and growing in attendance, services officially began on May 4, 1975 and the new church was chartered as Sugar Creek Baptist Church. The church grew and the facilities were expanded beyond the original chapel building to include a two-story education facility and a three-story gymnasium which doubled as a worship and family recreational facility.
Under the leadership of new Sr. Pastor, Fenton Moorhead, the church entered a period of growth in which multiple morning services were necessary to accommodate those attending Sunday morning worship. A building program was instituted to construct a 3,000 seat Worship Center, which was completed in January 1994. Since the addition of the worship center, two additional office buildings located adjacent to the church parking lot have been acquired to provide an adult education facility and the main church offices. In October 2001, Pastor Moorhead retired as pastor of the church.
On October 13, 2002, Pastor Mark Hartman was called as senior pastor. Pastor Hartman’s leadership has given Sugar Creek a renewed sense of purpose. In the past few years, attendance in Sunday Morning Worship and Bible Fellowship has grown dramatically.
We are currently looking for a talented Student Pastor to grow with us. If you naturally connect with adult leaders and students and you are passionate about influencing them in taking next steps in their faith journey (like beginning a relationship with Jesus, serving, inviting, giving, engaging in God’s Word, and leading), this could be the role for you.
We’ll get excited if you are:
- Knowledgeable in student ministries
- Experienced in developing and motivating adults and students to become leaders
- Willing to relocate to a campus location if necessary
- Awesome at communicating and relating to others, especially young people and their parents
- The kind of person who does not take themselves too seriously.
You’ll be happy if you enjoy:
- Building a relational student ministry team
- Identifying, training, and inspiring adult volunteers and student leaders
- Overseeing weekly student worship experiences for both MS and HS
- Being a team player who collaborates with all ministries during weekend experiences
- Taking initiative by seeking understanding and opportunities to grow in leadership
We’ll give you a Top Gun high-five if you:
- Are highly competitive (9 square, gaga ball, and dodgeball are essential)
- Can name the most popular songs, movies, and television shows of today
- Make us laugh (no pressure, comedy is not easy)