We are once again thrilled to partner with Canyon Hills Community Church – this time for a Student Pastor role! The church is bursting at the seams– at some point in the near future they will be launching a second campus, this new Student Pastor will come and join an already robust Student Ministry team, and then eventually launch the Student Ministry at the new campus (likely with 500 to 1000 congregants making the move). It’s an exciting time to be part of this thriving church near Seattle.
Canyon Hills Community Church (CHCC) was planted in 1995. With outstanding children’s and student ministries that feature corporate worship on all levels and small-groups for life change, CHCC continues to reach their surrounding community for Christ through the spiritual growth of their body as they strive to become more like Jesus.
The CHCC community has grown to an average of about 3,800 people per weekend and has nearly 200 life groups functioning throughout the week (including 23 in Student Ministry). CHCC exists to make more and better disciples of Jesus Christ through the study of His Word and the transformation of their lives as they strive to become more like Jesus.
CHCC is in a very healthy state with strong, stable leadership and direction. The church offers four engaging and identical services each Sunday morning (and early afternoon) with powerful verse-by-verse expository Bible teaching, excellent modern worship and effective use of media and technology.
The church is poised for a second campus and believing God will provide a location for their second site soon. This search is ultimately for a top-tier Student Pastor who will lead the student ministry on that campus (anticipated to launch with 500-1000 people).
In addition to all student-wide events, this position will work most directly with one of either the middle school or the high school while supporting the other area until the time of the launch of the new campus.
– Christlikeness and Passion for Word
– Team player
– Diligent worker
– Meets the biblical requirement of an elder as outlined in I Timothy 3:1-11 and Titus 1:6-9
– An entrepreneurial spirit that can build a ministry and teams.
– Skilled at recruiting and developing volunteer leaders.
– Good communicator to both students and adults
– Committed to the vision, mission, theology and purpose of CHCC.
– 4 years experience
– Work primarily in one ministry while providing support for the other.
– Develop and lead various programs designed to reach and grow students.
– Teach approx. 2-3 times a month. Primarily in one ministry with support to the other.
– Help recruit, develop and equip adult or student teams.
– Create a strategic plan for launching a student ministry on a second campus.
Position: Full-Time Pastoral at 48hrs per week with benefits.
Direct Report(s) Current: Team Lead (Children’s Pastor)
Future: Campus Pastor