We are excited to place a Student Pastor at First Baptist Church in Wichita Falls, Texas– this church is the largest in the area and the student ministry is making a huge impact on the community by reaching students with the Gospel.
First Baptist Church was organized in a log schoolhouse with eight charter members in 1883. The First Baptist Church has been a vital force in the development of Wichita Falls and has become a denominational leader through its dramatic growth.
The church has grown to be a healthy and thriving church in Wichita Falls and has gone through many building campaigns, increasing its footprint, presence and influence throughout the city and the region.
A massive building expansion, complete with new Sanctuary and the planting of two new campuses (West Campus and Church at Sheppard) have increased First Baptist’s reach and impact. They currently have nearly 4000 people attending each weekend.
Bob McCartney is FBC’s Senior Pastor. Prior to coming to First Baptist he served as a pastor of churches in Texas and Louisiana for nineteen years. He began at First Baptist Church in 2008.
FBC Church is a part of the Southern Baptist Convention, which has more than 47,000 churches throughout the country. SBC churches prioritize the authority of the Bible and salvation through Jesus Christ alone.
The Student Pastor is primarily responsible for leading the Student Ministry. He is responsible for all aspects of the student ministry including staff (10), leadership, and budget.
A complete description provided in Opportunity Profile (condensed description below)…
– Responsible for the strategy, structure and growth of the Student Ministry, grades 6th-12th at all campuses.
– Spiritually function as the High School Pastor at the Downtown Campus.
– Responsible for developing, implementing, and supervising the duties and responsibilities of the Student Ministry and staff.
– Responsible for developing a strategy to accomplish each component of the mission and core values of FBC
– Responsible for assisting in the preparation and administration of an annual budget
– Be directly responsible to lead each student through a strategic process of evangelism, discipleship, and reaching others.
– Lead the Student Ministry to yearly growth in attendance, decisions, and baptisms.
– Maintain an effective weekly ministry of Sunday morning Life Groups and Wednesday night service.
– Enlist and equip volunteers and paid staff members.
– Primary speaker/teacher for all student events and delegates that responsibility as needed.