Slingshot is excited to get to partner with a forward thinking church that loves Youth Ministry. Centreville Presbyterian Church is ready for a relational leader who will pour into students, empower leaders and communicate well with families.
Centreville Presbyterian Church began on January 18, 1987. Reverend Rob Bromhead became the first Senior Pastor of CPC in January 1993. The church continued to experience steady growth through the 1990’s and was able to purchase new land early in 2000. They moved to this property, where they currently worship, in 2005.
In 2018 the congregation voted (more than 90%) to leave the PCUSA and become part of the ECO Denomination.
Centrevelle Presbyterian is truly a multi-generational congregation located in the beautiful community of Centreville, Virginia, in the DC suburbs. The church has a first-class reputation. The people of Centreville Presbyterian Church (CPC) are intentional in their efforts to reach the community with the love of God and believe that supporting the student ministry is one key way of carrying out this mission.
Today, CPC is made up of many maturing believers who seek to reach out to friends and neighbors who do not know Jesus in an effort to be invitational in all they do.
– Provide oversight, direction and coordination of the Student Ministry program for middle school and high school students
– Coordinate and organize events
– Seek opportunities in the community to reach students for the Gospel.
– Engage college age students to assist in their walk with Jesus Christ.
– Equip parents to be the primary source of discipleship in the life of their children through resources, seminars, and other opportunities for them to parent through the lens of the gospel (Deuteronomy 6:6-7).
– Preach on occasion, as determined by the Senior Pastor.
– Off-site opportunities for student studies or gatherings.
– Recruit, train and equip adult leaders to support the Student Ministry.
– Work cooperatively with other local churches and student ministry leaders to develop inter-church and interdenominational relationships.
– Develop and manage a ministry budget for the year.
– Plan and submit an annual calendar of events for the Student Ministry.
– Communicate effectively with the students, parents, staff, and congregation.
– Familiarity with social media.
– Bachelor’s Degree.