We love that a booming community (Greenville, SC) has a church like Advent there! This church is actively asking God to help them reach not only those who don’t know Jesus, but some of the 80,000+ people who claim to have faith but are not part of any faith-community. The new Student Ministries Director will inherit a group with a rich history of youth ministry.
Advent was chartered in 1987 and thirty-two years later they are a large, vibrant congregation from a variety of faith backgrounds.
They like to say “our mission is fishing,” which is their shorthand way of saying their mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Making disciples is not just about maturing the believer, but engaging those who don’t know Jesus with the Gospel and encouraging those who formerly had a faith-relationship to return to faith.
They put a premium on gathering in worship, growing in groups, and serving in missions. The church is known for not only what is said, but for what they do locally, regionally, and internationally. Those that come to Advent truly are the hands and feet of Christ, serving in any way they can.
On February 8, 2017, during a renovation project, the sanctuary caught fire and burned. What they had hoped would be a short-lived stint in the Christian Life Center gym has been extended for a significantly longer period of time; but they are only a few weeks away from entering their new, expanded and beautiful new sanctuary.
– Desire to reach, teach and assist in spiritual maturity of teens
– Solid communicator
– Previous experience (3+ years)
– A college degree is preferable for this Director position
– Demonstrated prior organizational skills
– Ability to listen to and communicate with people of all ages and the ability to work with other adults, parents of youth, youth ministry leaders, and youth.
– Lead the Youth Ministry program in all aspects
– Encourage students to be a part of LifeGroups
– Effectively communicate and connect with youth, their parents and adult youth leaders
– Work with other Advent leaders to integrate youth into the life and leadership of the church as a whole
– Work with the Director of Contemporary Music to engage youth in music outreach at Advent
– Recruit, train and sustain a strong group of adult volunteers
– Encourage, empower and inspire Advent youth to continue their passion for Advent Missions on a local, regional and international basis
– Lead and mentor other staff
– Keep child safe sanctuary policies, procedures, and requirements
– Other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Pastor
Know someone who is a great fit for this job? Share it with them now!
Student Ministries Director
Contact email@example.com to apply, or click the button below.