We are so excited to partner with Redeemer Community Church as they look to fill a position in which the new Director has the opportunity to partner with existing leaders to bring a balanced approach of reaching out for Jesus and helping those who are already following Him grow in maturity!
Redeemer Community Church has existed since 1998. In 2006 it moved into its current location in the Cinco Ranch area of Katy, Texas. Though affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, its identity is more in the “community” portion of their name. The church of about 300 adults in weekly attendance is located approximately thirty minutes west of Houston in this family-friendly community of Katy.
Redeemer Community is well-respected in the Cinco Ranch area and has a great reputation in both the faith and unchurched populations. It is expected that Katy will continue to grow in population as families are attracted to the educational system and proximity to Houston. With the additional residents the church is in a wonderful place (location, physical plant and spiritually) to grow in the near future. This presents a great opportunity for the gospel to be spread through Redeemer Community Church!
Early this decade the church had experienced growth; this increase brought about the construction of a new Sanctuary, classroom spaces and offices. The old building (now called “The Mill”) was repurposed for children, youth and is home for their growing Spanish congregation. The church is in great position to see more growth moving forward.
Directs Jr. and Sr. High Ministries
… Senses God’s calling to work with junior and senior high students, as well as their parents, at this time in his life, not looking to move on or up in the near future
…Demonstrates his character is consistent (1 Tim 3 & Titus 1)
…Has proven himself competent in Student Ministry leadership
…Resonates with the vision-culture of Redeemer Community Church
…Shows potential for relational chemistry with our existing leadership
– Loving Students—being available, keeping in touch, meeting needs, counseling hearts, attending events, etc.
– Building Teams (adults and student leadership)
– Leading Large-Group Gatherings (Sunday and midweek)
– Organizing Smaller-Group Opportunities (maturing small groups)
– Supporting and Reaching through Event Engagement
– Spearheading Outreach—strategizing, planning, and executing evangelism opportunities, service projects, mission trips, etc.
– Equipping Students’ Parents—provide strategic opportunities throughout the year to encourage and equip parents in their role as the primary spiritual influence in their student’s lives.
– Cultivating Fun!—shaping all of your ministry with relevant joy and craziness, as well as planning fun events, retreats, gatherings, and more.
Know someone who is a great fit for this job? Share it with them now!
Student Ministries Director
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply, or click the button below.