Red Rock Church is in the middle of some exciting changes, much have their staff is new to Red Rock in the last three years which has brought about a season of renewal and excitement, a new Student Director will help complete the picture.
Red Rock is a radically missional church serving the ever-growing population of Colorado Springs. With a heart committed to being a church for the unchurched, Red Rock is actively invested in the community and committed to being a safe haven for those who are new to the area or in their faith.
Red Rock is a thirteen year old church focused on reaching people who don’t normally go to church. Red Rock became one of the original North Point Partners and the furthest geographical partner church from Atlanta.
In 2014, the founding pastors moved on from Red Rock. Near the end of 2014, Jason Perkins became the new lead pastor and in 2019 moved on to lead the North Point Network in Australia. Petie Kinder moved from Indianapolis and became the new lead pastor of Red Rock. Petie’s experience in growing churches and passion for reaching people far from God is leading Red Rock to be a church that helps people discover Jesus and follow him fearlessly!
A solid core of around 800 people currently call Red Rock their home church. Their location and renewed focus has Red Rock primed for growth and innovation.
To lead and direct the Student Ministries Environments to facilitate our mission of people helping people discover Jesus and follow Him fearlessly.
Reports to the Family Pastor
– Oversees the middle school and high school ministry environments at Red Rock Church
– Facilitates healthy team dynamics at Red Rock Church student ministries
– Oversees Student Ministry large group and small group programming
– Create strategies to help reach students that aren’t connected to a local church
– Leads Red Rock Church’s Student Ministry coaches to ensure continuity of message from 6th-8th grade and 9th-12th grade
– Plans and oversees Student Ministries camps and retreats
– Oversees the Student Ministries budget at Red Rock Church
– Recruits, trains and evaluates Student Ministry Volunteers
– Prioritize and pursue his/her own relationship with Jesus Christ as a model to the rest of the staff
– Emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills
– High level of characterSelf-motivator / self-starterStrategic thinkerGreat developer and delegator
– Prioritizing and pursuing his/her own relationship with Jesus Christ as a model to the rest of the staff
– 3 to 5 years of Student Ministry experience is preferred