Why We Love This Opportunity
Nestled in the heart of BBQ and Blues country, Colonial Hills church has a rich history of impact in their community and we couldn’t be more excited to offer this opportunity for the right next level leader to assume the position of Campus Pastor at the original Colonial Hills campus in Southaven, MS.
Colonial Hills is prayerfully seeking a Campus Pastor who will fall in love with the Southaven church family and the community at large and who will passionately bring the love of Christ to every sphere.
Colonial Hills Church was founded in 1965 as a neighborhood church. She grew to become a regional mega-church in the 1990’s and early 2000’s. Colonial Hills moved away from a Sunday School model in 1994 and embraced the concept of relational, missional small groups in homes. They became a multi-site church with 2 locations in 2012, and added another campus in 2021. Colonial Hills has only had 5 lead pastors in its history. They are a Southern Baptist Church with a strong commitment to preaching and teaching the Word of God, and to sharing the Gospel. They try to focus on reaching people that are outside of the faith and the church, and they seek to reach people no matter their skin color or economic class.
The Southaven Campus is the original home base of Colonial Hills Church.The neighborhoods around here are very diverse (which is a great thing), but the area has become a very low-income, transitional part of the city. Colonial Hills has some remarkable members who are passionate about their faith and about the mission of helping people find and follow Jesus Christ. The Southaven Campus has a mixture of white, African-American, and Hispanic members.
- General Oversight of all campus specific staff
- Shepherding and pastoral needs of the congregation
- Management of First Impressions for respective campus.
- Management of visitor assimilation for respective campus.
- Managing and shepherding of all Life Groups of respective campus.
- Leading, execution and planning of local mission efforts.
- Collaborative planning with other campus pastors for centralized eventsand programs.
- Volunteer assimilation.
- Management of campus facility needs.
- Regular Sunday AM teaching
- Lead, follow, and communicate the vision of CHC
- One who exhibits a personal, intimate and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, experience in church ministry, leadership skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- One who will put team ahead of individual goals and support the church in word and deed.
- One who is gifted and is called to pastoral ministry and has a passion for evangelism, outreach, and discipleship both personally and at the ministry level.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with CHC belief statement.
- A self-motivated and teachable leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry.