This position has been filled.
Precept Ministries International (PMI) envisions a world where “every believer in Christ lives out God’s Word every day.” PMI engages thousands of new people each year with God through discovering the Bible for themselves, but not by themselves. The ministry’s mission is engaging people in relationship with God through knowing His Word.
Jack Arthur and his wife, Kay, founded Precept Ministries in 1970. Their son, David Arthur, a pastor and teacher in his own right, took the leadership mantle, now serving as CEO. David brought in a new Executive Director in fall 2017 who brings 18 years’ experience as Chief Operating Officer for National Christian Foundation, a leading Christian philanthropic organization. Fifty percent of management-level people have worked at PMI for 10 years or more.
PMI produces a wide range of Bible study series including Precept Upon Precept®, In & Out®, the New Inductive Study Series, the “Lord” study series, 40-Minute study series, and Discover 4 Yourself Inductive Bible Studies for Kids. These studies stem from years of learning how to help people grow in relationship with God as they discover the Bible in community with a Bible study leader and fellow group members.
Started in Chattanooga, TN in 1970, PMI now employs 67 people in its US operations and has 58 international offices serving over 180 countries with resources in 83 languages. The 2018 budget projects $13.6 million in revenue; $9.1 million from donations, $3.6 million from product margin, and just under $1 million in event and other income.
The Vice President of People Services is a new role, coming at an exciting time in PMI’s 48-year journey. This role is a “gatekeeper to the culture,” discerning and developing the best talent and aligning staff’s calling and gifting to build the ministry’s future. She or he will work closely with the Executive Director and, as part of the senior management team, to create an employee-engaging culture.
This person will also oversee an HR Director and functions including payroll and benefits administration, performance management, employee relations, and compensation planning. They will focus on strengthening a culture of trust while:
- Creating job descriptions and classifications, recruiting, and hiring
- Auditing skills and developing managers and staff
- Updating performance management, job classification, and compensation approaches
- Overseeing compliance, administration, management, benefits, and payroll
- Listening, considering, embracing conflict and communicating
You might be a fit if you serve as an HR leader in ministry or business and if you love seeing people and culture develop. You are also gifted as an administrator, a relationship-builder and as a shepherd of people. You would enjoy reporting to an executive director who is a servant leader, passionate about healthy culture, spiritually mature, relational, caring, discerning, and encouraging. Above all, others experience you as a servant leader who enjoys relating across an organization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Work experience in human resources for 7+ years. Senior leadership level preferred; will consider generalists or directors with proven character, results, and increasing responsibility.
- Understanding of current federal, state, local, and case law changes and the ability to monitor labor law updates related to employment.
- Adept at Microsoft Office Suite with experience in mainstream HR SAS applications (compensation management, applicant management, performance management, attendance management, onboarding management)
- SPHR and CEBS certification preferred.
This position has been filled.
To learn more about the work of Precept Ministries International, go to www.precept.org.