Why We Love This Opportunity
The staff culture at Bridge Church is a healthy, fun environment where people don’t take themselves too seriously, but take God very seriously. Work is accomplished with a focus on grace, excellence, and progression, three of Bridge Church key cultural values.
Pastor Andrew Smith is gracious, strong and a strategic visionary. The staff is given much freedom and flexibility, as long as they are faithful, productive and pursuing excellence in all they do.
Bridge Church is excited to welcome, invest in, and empower the Pastor of Community Life in a collaborative working environment with plenty of room to explore new things without fear of failure.
This is a great time to become part of God’s story at Bridge Church!
The Evangelical Free Church of Fresno began in 1949 as a prayer meeting in a home. As the prayer meeting continued to grow, the small group realized a church building was in order. The first church building was established in 1950.
The Evangelical Free Church of Fresno was renamed Bridge Church in 2006, as a reflection of their desire to be a useful connection point for people to find Jesus Christ and follow him fully. It is their hope that every person who connects with Bridge Church will become a growing disciple of Christ, serving and reaching others.
In their 70 years of history, God has strategically used The Bridge to be a blessing to the people of Fresno. In 2016, Pastor Andrew Smith, and his family moved to Fresno so Andrew could fill the role of Lead Pastor.
Andrew brought with him a fresh perspective and new vision to not only reach the people of Fresno but to reach the whole region and become “a church for the valley helping people discover and follow Jesus!” Bridge Church is seeing new, young families joining the church and is reaching over 1,300 people on the weekends.
Responsibilities: To support the vision, mission, values and strategy of BridgeChurch by developing leaders, ministry teams and leading BridgeLife.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all group ministries of Bridge Church
- Ensure that people are moving from the initial contact to BridgeLife environments
- Recruit and equip a team of leaders to oversee and lead Groups
- Lead the LifeGroup Team in:
-Identifying, recruiting and training leaders
-Ongoing training and communication with leaders
-Ensuring leaders are in a network of support
-Oversee the placement of leaders/individuals into groups
DISCIPLESHIP GROWTH TRACK
Development and execution of church-wide discipleship growth track
- Work together with volunteers to develop the guest experience spaces into inviting environments
- Oversee the recruiting and equipping of leaders to operate the kitchen ministry and various guest experience serving teams
- Oversee Beginnings and inclusion of newcomers into Groups and Serve Teams
- Oversee the Plaza Teams – Connection Center, Greeters, Hospitality, Parking, Coffee Team
- Oversee Hospitality and assimilation
- Oversee membership
STAFF AND MINISTRY OVERSIGHT
Meet regularly with the Men’s Ministry leadership, Women’s Ministry leadership, and Adult Bible Fellowship leaders for prayer, evaluation, goal-setting and accountability