Pastor for Discipleship & Community Engagement
Emmanuel Baptist Church
Why We Love This Opportunity *
For the right next-level leader, this exciting opportunity in Bloomington, IN, will be the opportunity of a life-time. Emmanuel is looking for an energetic, strategic, team-building leader to join their team and build up both their discipleship ministries and their efforts to reach the entire city of Bloomington for Jesus!
Emmanuel is a church which is passionate about theology and community and, in general, loving God and each other well. If you love dreaming big to reach a city, empowering others to dream big also, helping all those people grow deeper in their faith and, in general, leading vibrant ministry in a church with great leadership and a rich history, this is the role for you!
Church or Org Description *
One of the best kept secrets in Bloomington…until now…Emmanuel Baptist is primed for an exciting season of life and ministry reaching southwest Bloomington and beyond. Emmanuel Baptist has a vibrant history and stable leadership and in this season they are rallying around an excitement of becoming a dynamic ministry presence in their city. With a dedicated leadership team, a faithful congregation and a beautiful facility all on hand, the possibilities are limitless for the right type of leadership to join with, and add synergy to, the Emmanuel Baptist team.
Beginning as a Bible study on the University of Indiana campus in 1957, Emmanuel has grown into a beautiful congregation of hundreds who gather together weekly to worship on their property. They have strong weekend and mid-week ministries but are dreaming of strategies to not only fill their building all week long, but to take the Gospel throughout their community every day of the week. This is a great church preparing for an exciting season of ministry!
Position Description *
The Pastor for Discipleship & Community Engagement serves as the second chair pastor of Emmanuel, focusing their visionary heart especially on catalyzing, building, improving and broadening all ministries which leads towards 1) the continued spiritual development of all who call Emmanuel their home and, 2) strategically engaging the community of not only Emmanuel but, even more, the city of Bloomington with an emphasis on the people and places of southwest Bloomington.
- Help People Connect
- Help People Grow
- Engage the Community
- Build Great Ministries
- Reach the Next Generation
- Dream Big Dreams
- Mobilize People in Their Gifts
- Collaboratively Develop Actionable Plans
Job Skills, Attributes & Qualifications:
- A thriving personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as well as a passion for the local church and alignment with the vision of Emmanuel.
- A commitment to a lifestyle of continual growth in both character & competency.
- A catalytic, get-it-done attitude.
- A servant’s heart and a desire to use his gifts & abilities for the furtherance of the Kingdom.
- A team-first, teachable mentality.
- At least a 4-year university degree in Bible, preferably a seminary degree or equivalent.
- A shepherd’s heart.
- A passion for the spiritual growth of Jesus followers and for the salvation of non-believers.