Why We Love This Opportunity *
The Pastor of Discipleship and Community will help lead an effort to saturate Camarillo and beyond with the gospel through Christ-centered neighborhood groups. Calvary Nexus is committed to reaching the world for Christ one neighbor at a time.
Church or Org Description *
Calvary Nexus is a movement of Jesus’ followers devoted to loving God and loving neighbors. Calvary Nexus is excited about the tangible ways to demonstrate the love of God to their community and beyond.
Calvary Nexus is a 24-year-old church associated with the Calvary Chapel movement with a strong foundation of expositional Bible teaching, diverse contemporary worship music; and a recent emphasis on neighboring such that they are engaging, befriending, and loving neighbors where we live, work, study, play and worship.
Position Description *
The Pastor of Discipleship and Community will provide ministry development to inspire and equip new leaders, and encourage expanding participation in healthy Neighborhood Groups where people grow as disciples of Jesus who love God and love neighbors. The Pastor of Discipleship and Community will also develop systems and influence church culture to help adults fully assimilate into the Calvary Nexus Community.
The Pastor of Discipleship and Community will be part of a strong Bible teaching rotation, and will become part of a small Core Pastor leadership team responsible for the macro-level leadership of Calvary Nexus.
- Christ-like character and demonstrated integrity.
- A high-regard for the Scripture, with significant experience with expositional Bible teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to discern, communicate, and implement large-scale vision.
- Experience creating organizational leadership and infrastructure to develop Jesus’ disciples.
- Three to five years of experience in a large church overseeing small groups, community development ministries, executive pastor duties, or youth ministry.
- Indirectly oversee other ministries of the church.