This position has been filled.
OneWorld Health, a $5 million faith-inspired global health organization, seeks a Vice President of Development to support their mission to provide quality, affordable healthcare to people in need.
Since opening their first sustainable medical center in January 2011, the organization has grown to include eleven medical centers in East Africa and Central America. Additionally, OneWorld Health has multiple medical centers under construction that will be opening within the coming months. To support their long-term efforts in the communities that they serve, OneWorld Health has mobilized over 2,500 volunteers who have given over 155,000 hours of their time to train local staff and provide care. More than 300,000 patients in those regions of the world can now say,“Because of OneWorld Health, my community is better.”
OneWorld Health is seeking a highly qualified individual gifted and prepared to tell the organization’s compelling story to inspire a movement of generosity which will propel the mission of providing quality, affordable care to communities in need.
In the past, the CEO has been highly involved in all the organization’s fundraising. Moving forward, OWH is seeking an experienced and highly motivated development professional to help take the organization’s fundraising efforts to the next level. The right candidate will appreciate the entrepreneurial culture of the organization and opportunity to build their own development arm of the organization. Additionally, if results are demonstrated through effective leadership in the position, the organization will allocate additional resources toward developing a full development team.
- Determine annual giving goals and build strategic and tactical plans for achieving those goals.
- Focus on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific donor segments identified as having the greatest growth.
- Formulate and execute an annual development calendar.
- Work alongside the executive team to develop and implement OneWorld Health’s financial plan.
- Manage a prospect pool with annual goals for targeted, segmented appeals and giving outcomes.
- Monitor all donor information through eTapestry; provide and present analysis to executive team and board leadership.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at deepening donor relationships.
QUALITIES OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Undergraduate Degree required, Master’s Degree appreciated.
- CFRE (preferred).
- Must have three (+) years’ experience in working with major donors.
- Experience working with eTapestry or similar donor management software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in such a way that inspires generosity and excitement about a mission.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Self-starter, quick learner, and able to work independently,
- Thrives under pressure, takes on difficult challenges in a fast-paced setting, and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Ability to listen carefully to, understand, and respond to customer needs.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan.
- Demonstrated analytical and development skills with the ability to prioritize activities to achieve goals.
- High emotional intelligence, including awareness of the emotions of self and others, demonstrated through effective listening, attention to non-verbal cues, tact, patience, and courtesy.
- High level of energy and passion for the mission of OWH.
This position has been filled.
To learn more about the work of OneWorld Health, please visit their website at www.oneworldhealth.com.