Why We Love This Opportunity
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced leader with a passion for evangelism and outreach. The Outreach Pastor/Director at Calvary Church will be empowered to design, build and lead evangelism efforts to the least reached in the local communities surrounding Calvary, especially within a 15-mile radius of Essex Fells. This individual will focus their time and energy on raising the temperature for evangelism and outreach at Calvary by networking, launching new ministry and creating partnerships in the community. This leader will also build a strategy to equip and mobilize Christ-Followers to impact the last, least and lost in the places they serve.
Calvary Church celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2010. Originally started with 22 charter members as the “Norwegian Evangelical Free Church,” this small band of immigrants in the early 20th century recognized their need for worship and spiritual growth as they established themselves in their new community. As Calvary Church enters its next hundred years, they continue to build on their commitment to worship, spiritual growth, and outreach.
This is a new role at Calvary Church where the Outreach Director will work with the Senior Pastor to develop a ministry philosophy and lead Calvary’s efforts in local evangelism and community outreach. Senior Pastor, Daniel Holmquist, seeks to keep the mission, vision, values, and ministry principles of the church clear. As a leader, he encourages ministry staff to be creative and strategic as they pursue excellence, effectiveness, and success in ministry. He hopes the Outreach Director would feel a great amount of freedom and empowerment in the ministries they lead.
The congregation is spiritually healthy, excited, and eager to follow the Lord into whatever He has next for Calvary. Their vision is to aspire to build a loving, multi-generational community of people who are like Christ in their worship, edification, and mission.
To lead CEFC’s efforts in local evangelism and community outreach.
- Design and lead evangelism efforts to the least reached in the local communities, especially within a 15-mile radius of Essex Fells.
- Design and lead community outreach efforts in the local communities.
- Advance existing, and develop new, local evangelism and outreach partnerships.
- Develop evangelism and outreach ministries to local colleges and universities.
- Cooperate with other local evangelical churches for evangelism and outreach.
- Facilitate local church planting initiatives.
- Develop, train, and coach volunteers and teams to assist in the above responsibilities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Earned bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred), in ministry field.
- Evidence a true, mature, and spiritually vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ability to relate well and work well with pastoral staff, ministry colleagues, lay leaders, and congregants.
- Demonstrated evangelism skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, networking, strategic planning, budgeting, and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural/urban ministry competencies.
- Successful history of developing and managing ministry partnerships.
- Successful history of developing ministry leaders.
- Has some experience with church planting.
- Agree with the CEFC Statement of Faith and CEFC Vision.
- Be a regular participant in public worship at CEFC.
- Remain a member in good standing of CEFC.