Why We Love This Opportunity
Jacob’s Well is a growing church of approximately 2,000 people on an average weekend and is the largest evangelical church in the Eau Claire, Wisconsin, area. The ultimate goal of their ministry is to introduce people to the transformative power of a relationship with Jesus and to encourage life change.
Jacob’s Well Church is a growing church of approximately 2,000 people on a weekend. The church is about an hour and a half east of Minneapolis in the town of Eau Claire, Wisconsin. It is attracting young families in the region and reaching people other churches don’t reach.
In 2000, Paul Berthiaume and his family, along with two other families, moved to Eau Claire with the intent to plant a church. Jacob’s Well had its beginning as a group of five families assembling in Paul’s living room. After six months of meeting, studying, praying, and working to develop, the group had grown to forty-two adults.
The church’s vision emphasizes process over conversion. “We seek an emphasis on the Gospel shaping every aspect of our lives”. The vision states, “Wherever we are on our journey we will take steps to know and become like Jesus”.
Jacob’s Well constructed a new 700 seat auditorium and converted its existing space into children’s space and launched a second venue with a simulcast message and live worship. They continue to dream and build for the future of the church. It’s a really exciting time to be part of what God is doing through Jacob’s Well.
The Online / 20 Somethings Pastor will lead, develop, and establish the identity and presence of Jacob’s Well Church by building an Online Campus AND cultivating a thriving ministry geared toward young adults. The role requires someone who is called as a pastor and also has the skills of a technical expert.
- Provide pastoral leadership to Jacob’s Well online community
- Set up online groups and 20 Somethings groups for community building
- Build awareness of online campus via social media and other avenues
- Develop and Lead a dynamic ‘20 Somethings’ ministry in the community, connecting young adults into the life of the church and beyond
- While championing online engagement, advocate for online guests to connect with in-person services, events and small groups
- Recruit, train, and equip volunteers
- Spiritual – Christ follower who is in full agreement with the Vision, Values and Statement of Faith of Jacob’s Well Church
- Social Media – Has a proven ability to leverage and grow social platforms.
- Ministry – Spiritual leader with a proven track record of volunteer recruitment/retention
- Communication – Exceptional online communication experience, excellent written and verbal (public) skills
- General – Project management, organization, multi-tasking, cultural relevance
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.