Christ’s Church of Flagstaff is emerging from COVID with great hope and excitement for what is next. A new NextGen Pastor will have the opportunity to help shape the future of the nextgen lane which includes oversight of staff in both the children’s and student ministry lanes while pouring directly into the college-age ministry.
Christ’s Church of Flagstaff is making a difference in the lives of those in and around Flagstaff. Emphasizing community outreach, encouraging families, loving students at Northern Arizona University and seeking to reach all with the Gospel, CCoF is impacting many.
Pre-COVID-19, CCoF was averaging about 1100 in weekend attendance. This modern-worship style church has grown consistently since its humble beginning in 1984. In November of 1984, Jim & Phyllis Dorman moved to Flagstaff from Phoenix to start the church with one other family. From living rooms to retail store space the church moved as it grew, eventually owning their first building in 1991.
In 2002 CCoF moved into their current building. They were blessed to have the opportunity to purchase the adjoining property which has been converted into office and additional gathering spaces.
About a decade ago, Chris Reed joined the CCoF staff as Executive Pastor and moved to Senior Pastor in 2016.
Today CCoF offers three identical modern in-person services at 8:30am, 10am, and 11:30am and because of COVID have dramatically increased their online participation and impact.
Our NextGen Pastor will be responsible to lead the staff for Children’s, Middle School, High School and our College Ministries and our Monday-Friday Preschool.
Spiritual Gifts Desired:
Essential Job Functions and Participation:
- Leading Staff -This role will be responsible to lead all paid staff in the Next Gen department. Prior staff leadership experience is a requirement.
- Leading Volunteers- This role will be responsible to develop & lead volunteer teams
- Middle School- This person would have oversight of student engagement at the middle school level.
- High School & College (The Corner)- This role will be the primary speaker for our high school and college large group gatherings.
- Leadership Team -This person will be one of 4 people that report directly to the Senior Pastor. As such this person will be responsible to lead the NextGen team to double impact in 5 years.
- Independent Collaboration
- Staff Oversight