We are thrilled to partner with the forward thinking and fast-growing Chapel Pointe Church to find a Family Pastor committed to reaching the Next Generation for Jesus.
Chapel Pointe has a history of faithful discipleship in West Michigan. The church was founded in the late 1950’s and has had a continual journey of growth and transformation. In the early 2000’s, Chapel Pointe moved locations and changed names from Baldwin Street Baptist Church to Chapel Pointe. In the last 6 years, Chapel Pointe has experienced that same continued journey of transformation by engaging new families and expanded their facilities in 2019.
Chapel Pointe is at a healthy place as a church. They are built on a foundation of prayer and discipleship. They are not afraid of taking risks and hope that a new Family Pastor will help them innovate and think outside the box of what can be as they seek to reach more families with the good news of Jesus. The church has a relatively young staff tenure with many serving under the 5-year mark.
Chapel Pointe is a multi-generational church. They offer weekly services at 9am and 11am. They have children’s ministry offerings at both service and student ministry taking place on Sunday evenings. Chapel Point is a highly relational church with 80% of their core people connecting through their vibrant small groups that meet throughout the week.
The Family Ministries Pastor will lead staff and ministries teams to accomplish the vision of Chapel Pointe of multiplying transformed followers of Jesus. The Family Ministries Pastor will oversee the teaching and discipleship path from children to high school.
- Effectively lead the overall vision, direction, and financial plan (budgets) for cpKids and cpStudents.
- Work with the Family Ministries Team
- Champion cpStudent team
- Help champion the vision of Chapel Pointe
- Provide pastoral care and shepherding for families with a specific focus to equip homes for discipleship.
- Ensure that the curriculum used at each age level of spiritual development connects to the next generation.
- Develop and implement a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement.
- Partner with the discipleship team to ensure a strategic discipleship path is implemented.
- Experienced servant-leadership
- Consistent spiritual disciplines
- 5 years experience
- 2 years leading in a church of 1,500+
- Previous experience in thriving Family Ministry
- A strong and engaging communicator
Goals for first year:
- Develop campus outreach for cpStudents
- Implement Journey of Transformation (discipleship path) for family ministry
- Focused work on developing and equipping lay leaders