Slingshot is super-excited to partner with Lawrence Free as they are experiencing a turn-around that is being led by the Next Gen lane (children and students) as young families are coming to check out what is new and exciting at LFMC! The Next Gen Pastor will have the opportunity to help set the culture moving forward!
The Free Methodist Church was forged in the foundry of the Civil War and the struggle for the abolition of slavery. The Methodist Episcopal Church (which eventually became the United Methodist Church) was divided over (among other things) the issue of whether pastors could, in good conscience, own slaves. A small, but vocal group of pastors who maintained that this was not right, led by Rev. B.T. Roberts, were essentially expelled from the denomination, and they banded together in 1860 to form a new denomination: the Free Methodist Church.
The Lawrence Free Methodist Church was dedicated in 1872 by B.T. Roberts himself. The first church building owned by LFMC was located at 12th and Connecticut in Lawrence. A larger building was constructed for a growing congregation in 1964 at 802 W. 22nd Street Terrace. Responding to continued growth, in 1990 the church built the present facility at 3001 Lawrence Avenue, and in 2007 a children/youth wing was added.
Lawrence Free has a good reputation in the community, the building provides one of the larger gathering places for worship in all of Lawrence. The people are known to be friendly and visitors have commented that they have been welcomed well.
Provide full-time leadership and oversight to both Children’s and Student Ministries teams. The vision of this position is for the individual assuming the role to provide ‘hands on’ ministry to the Middle and Senior High Students, help shepherd the various Children’s Ministries, provide guidance to each ministry, and to be a resource for all parents and the teams that serve them.
• love for God, a love for teenagers, and a pastoral heart
• Relational style of leadership and ministry
• Joyful spirit and good sense of humor
• Bachelor’s degree required
– proven track record of working in a ministry setting
– creating vision and discipleship of a ministry team in a mid-size church
– experience starting and sustaining new ministries, foster intergenerational relationships, and create collaboration and synergy between the ministries of oversight
• Knowledgeable in current youth and children culture
• Skilled in identifying, attracting and recruiting new mentors
• Experience in empowering people and leading teams of staff and volunteers.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to administer and organize budgets, events and ministry communications.
• Willing to risk and utilize out-of-the-box strategies
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Know someone who is a great fit for this job? Share it with them now!
Next Gen Pastor
Contact email@example.com to apply, or click the button below.