THIS POSITION HAS BEEN PLACED.
The University of Valley Forge is a four-year Christian liberal arts college affiliated with the Assemblies of God denomination located among the rolling hills of historic Chester County, Pennsylvania in suburban Phoenixville (founded in 1732), just a half-hour northwest of center–city Philadelphia, at the junction of the Schuylkill River and French Creek. Founded in 1939, its mission is to prepare individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and the world.
Enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year is projected to be 900 – just under 575 being on its 106-acre campus – with aggressive plans to multiply the student body seven–fold over the next ten years. They employ a faculty, staff and administration numbering about 100 with an annual operating budget of $15 million. UVF students may choose from over 50 other carefully designed majors. In addition, the University has a strong emphasis on preparing students to be servant-leaders in both the church and world. The most popular majors currently are digital media, business administration, social work, pastoral ministry, youth ministry, education, psychology and music.
The IT Department provides the information technology required for the fulfillment of UVF’s mission in an efficient and effective manner. The department takes care of all networking, server, PC and software needs. All classrooms are equipped with smart technology. This position is crucial to keeping the infrastructure and communications functioning smoothly for students, faculty and staff. There is currently a team in place—one that is ready to work under the direction of this new hire – but there are additional staff positions open for the new director to fill. The right individual will know how to manage this team’s talent while creating and building upon existing systems and processes.
The Network Administrator develops and administrates the vision, goals and policies for the Office of Information Technology.The Administrator is responsible for the overall planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions at UVF.This includes directing all IT operations to meet University needs and requirements, the support and maintenance of existing applications, and the development of new technical solutions.
- Analyze the needs of departments and establish priorities for feasibility studies, system design and implementation to develop new and/or modify information processing
- Develop, administer, and communicate clear and consistent IT strategy, policy, and This includes the development and maintenance of an IT strategic plan.
- Manage IT resources to maximize system uptime, user satisfaction, IT staff efficiency, and budget
- Effectively manage multiple projects.
- Identify, motivate, and develop talent.
- Provide technical leadership to both IT staff and the University.
- Efficiently procure resources including, but not limited to hardware, software, and services.
- Provide administrative oversight of University-wide software systems.
- Work closely with business office to procure financing for IT projects.
- Coordinate and supervise a University-wide training plan that provides staff, faculty, and students with the skills to utilize information technology resources to accomplish departmental and University-wide objectives.
- Supervise all full-time IT employees, part-time students and contract workers as required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Five (5) years of comparable IT management experience, preferably in the field of higher education.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An openly committed Christian, living a Spirit-filled life (Acts 2:4, Ephesians 5:18ff); affirming a doctrinal position consistent with Assemblies of God.
- Must abide by the Community Life Covenant, as set forth by the University and General Council of the Assemblies of God.
Up to 2500+ users may access the systems via wired, wireless and remote connection. The university computer environment consists of 44 servers, 24 virtual servers and 4 computer labs. These are connected utilizing 1 GBps and 10 GBps links on a policy based, 802.1x compliant network. The University ERP is Jenzabar EX. For more detailed information, please download the full Organization & Position Profile using the link below.
- Salary: $65,000.
- Benefits: Health and Dental (employee portion paid by UVF), STD, LTD, Retirement through A/G Financial (voluntary contributions, currently no match), Continuing Education opportunities.
- Vacation: 2–4 weeks, depending on experience.
- Relocation Expenses: Yes, terms negotiable.
Download the full Organization & Position Profile here.
To learn more about the University, please visit their website at www.valleyforge.edu.