We love partnering with Central Peninsula Church to help them find a Middle School Director who will “do life” with middle school students and partner well with adult volunteers who look to do the same.
Dating back to its inception in 1965, CPC has had something of a nomadic history. Since meeting at the College of San Mateo, the church has met at the Hillsdale Inn, Foster City Civic Center, Foster City Recreation Center, and two different stints at Bowditch Middle School. This fact highlights a deeply ingrained value at CPC: they firmly believe that the church consists not of a building, but of people. Thus, the work of the church is to build people rather than buildings.
Since the early days of meeting for worship in living rooms and civic centers, they have experienced seasons of numerical growth as a body, as well as seasons where the Lord seemed to enlarge CPC in other ways. Though they have always been careful not to focus on numbers, CPC has always taken seriously the call to reach out to the community.
CPC started a multi-site strategy and in addition to the original Foster City Campus, launched a campus (North) in 2009 and then another (South) in 2012. The first campus was launched as an independent church (New North Church) in 2017.
The Middle School Ministry Director provides leadership to our Middle School Ministry (MSM) at our Foster City Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a vibrant middle school ministry gathering (currently meeting on Sunday Morning).
- Implement the vision and strategy
- Become a presence on campuses through attending various events/activities of middle school students
- Provide leadership to MSM Life Groups (currently meeting on Tuesday Nights).
- Connect and counsel with students and parents as needs arise.
- Help equip and disciple interns/pastoral residents as needed.
- Develop meaningful relationship with students through a variety of settings.
- Organize and plan activities, retreats, and the overall calendar for MSM.
- Create and collaborate to develop effective transitions plans into and out of MSM.
- Work closely with the Generations Team (across both campuses).
- Grow ministry excellence by learning from other vibrant Student Ministries around the country (conferences, reading books, attending seminars, classes, or special events).
- Assist and execute additional ministry responsibilities as determined by the Generations Pastor.
- Effective communicator
- Highly relational
- Proven Track Record (leader of leaders)
- 3 years experience