Vice President, Missions & Ministries
The Lukens Company
This position has been filled.
Founded in 1986 by Walter Lukens, The Lukens Company (TLC) is an award-winning, multi-channel direct response marketing agency serving the needs of cultural organizations, faith-based missions, and public policy advocacy groups, in addition to Republican political candidates, committees and causes. TLC’s main office is located in Arlington, VA; their West Coast office is in Glendale, CA; and their market research division works out of their Charleston, SC office.
Their mission is to help cause-oriented organizations make the world better by engaging and empowering the people who support them. This means that for cultural, political and national nonprofit organizations looking for innovative ways to effectively reach and grow their support base, TLC brings 30+ years of expertise in integrated direct response programs that deliver results. Their track record of success serving leading national and local nonprofits and political organizations is distinguished by the deep commitment of their team of professionals to their clients’ missions and the communities in which they live.
The Lukens Company’s unique experience in direct response marketing leverages survey research and data analytics to create integrated, multi-channel campaigns that are designed to deliver consistent results. They utilize direct mail, telemarketing and digital communications to deliver programs that are both creative and award-winning in order to help their clients achieve their goals.
They accomplish their mission through the effective use of:
- Integrated & Multi-Channel Marketing
- Creative Messaging & Design
- Data & Analytics
- Digital Marketing & Web Development
- Marketing Research & Consulting
- Political Consulting
With their main office located just outside of Washington, DC, The Lukens Company has 70 full-time employees, two-thirds of whom office there. Fifteen more are in their West Coast office. Their revenues in 2018 were $30+ million, with about 65% coming from direct mail and consulting services and 35% (and growing!) coming from digital services. They are still led by their founder and CEO, Walter Lukens, along with Executive VP Seth Colton and a team of VPs who oversee Account Services, Political Services, Nonprofit (Cultural) Division, Agency Services, Data & Analytics and Art Direction. Their past and current client list – particularly in the political and cultural arenas – reads like a Who’s Who.
The Lukens Company is proud to partner with a variety of faith-based charitable organizations, motivated by God’s call to care for the sick, provide for the needy, seek justice for the oppressed, and care for God’s children. Within this growing division of our agency, we are seeking a new Vice President, Missions and Ministries to lead an internal team that serves existing clients’ direct response programs while helping to build and expand our roster of organizations doing amazing work all over the world.
The Vice President, Missions and Ministries reports to the Executive Vice President and is responsible for leading new business development in the vertical, managing client relationships and expanding the agency’s internal staff and services specific to the needs of Protestant/Evangelical charitable organizations. Manages strategy execution and analysis of integrated fundraising campaigns for clients. Provides engagement leadership and develops senior level client relationships. Provides leadership through overarching strategic direction for client accounts, has P&L responsibility, and manages/stewards the account team.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Long-standing knowledge of and network in the Christian nonprofit ministry world.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Team leadership skills with the ability to keep teams motivated.
- A significant number of years of progressive responsibilities in either (1) direct response fundraising in agency setting, (2) direct response fundraising for a national or international faith-based nonprofit with an agency partner, or (3) direct response commercial (B2C) with experience working in or for national faith-based nonprofits. Preferred.
- Solid understanding of Customer Relationship Management, Program Management, Analytics, and Fundraising.
- Ability to manage client relationships.
- Solid experience in formulating and driving long-term strategic account plans and strategies.
This position has been filled.
To learn more about The Lukens Company and their work, visit their website at www.thelukenscompany.com.