Why We Love This Opportunity
Harrisonville Community Church is an incredible opportunity for a lead pastor who is seeking a place to raise a family and do life with great people as well as lead people to Jesus. HCC is a growing family that is committed to inspiring all people to follow Jesus where they live, work, study, and play.
Church or Org Description
Harrisonville CC believes outreach is paramount to why the Church exists. A church needs to be using its gifts and equipping the body to represent the Kingdom to the local and global community.
Harrisonville Community Church exists to glorify God by encouraging people to follow Jesus and we strive to bring hope to Harrisonville, one family at a time. We do these by encouraging people to follow Jesus where they work, live, study, and play.
Being fully engaged in the life of the church is much more than attending worship services. HCC wants to be a church that attracts and engages in the life of our community.
At HCC there is a diverse age of people and many young families with students engaged in the weekend service.
Harrisonville, MO is located 25 Miles from the Kansas City metropolitan area along Interstate 49. The area south of Harrisonville is primarily farmland and agricultural. The church is ideally located within an hour from the Ozark region lakes and recreational areas.
HCC is truly an intergenerational church!
The lead pastor shall perform/delegate the duties below in conjunction with HCC’s mission of “building hope in Harrisonville, one family at a time”.
- This will entail relating to multiple generations of a diverse congregation with agricultural roots.
- Balancing the call with one’s spiritual and personal well-being is important.
- Time must be taken for regular prayer, Bible study, rest, family, recreation, and social interaction.
- Strong leadership is desired to operate independently under the policies and guidance of the elders.
- The Lead Pastor extends God’s grace to others and leads by example as one who is relational, authentic, transparent, and humble.
The following are duties that the Lead Pastor shall perform or cause to be performed:
- PREACHING – Be educated and experienced in expository preaching; using Christ-centered interpretive processes to deliver the counsel of God’s Word to God’s people.
- PRAYER – Model a personal and corporate life of prayer.
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND EVANGELISM – Encourage ministries that provide a conduit for community and international involvement for men, women, youth, and children.
- SHEPHERDING – Be intentional in building open and trusting relationships in the body.
- ADMINISTRATIVE – Supervise and clearly communicate with staff and key volunteers.