Why We Love This Opportunity
Covenant Church has experienced significant growth in the last several years and with their great ministries and new facilities they are positioned to make a greater impact in transforming lives and the community around them.
Church or Org Description
The vision of Covenant Church is to build a community to reach a community. They are committed to being missional, relevant, accessible, relational, and transformational.
Covenant strives to be a place known for what they’re for instead of what they’re against, a safe place for people to explore and discover the greatness of God.
Covenant recently expanded their facilities, which more than doubled their space, and they’re looking for a Lead Pastor to lead leverage the church for Kingdom impact.
Covenant Church has experienced remarkable growth over the past several years. Taking a simple approach to ministry—to humbly, faithfully, and diligently follow God’s will at every turn and a new chapter, Covenant Church is quick to give God the glory for all He has done in growing the church and transforming people’s lives. The leadership remains anchored to their unique identity and calling while stewarding their resources to reach an increasing number of people who call Covenant Church home.
Covenant Church is a vibrant, unique, and grace-filled church. Their story is one filled with humble beginnings, gospel-centered ministry, and all-in volunteers and leaders.
The Lead Pastor, with oversight by the Elder Board and in partnership with the Elder Board and the Executive Pastor, provides vision and direction to the church body as they seek to help people find and follow Jesus.
• A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, evident relationship with Him.
• Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle that complies with the Biblical qualifications as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:7-9.
• In heart and deed, affirm Covenant’s Confession of Faith, and be committed to the direction (Mission, Vision, and Values) of Covenant and its leadership.
• Able to communicate the gospel clearly, passionately, and effectively.
• Communicates a genuine love for and cares deeply about people.
• Ability to cast and communicate vision creatively, consistently, and clearly in a winsome manner.
• A passionate commitment to biblical justice and mercy, to reaching the last, the least, and the lost, and for local outreach and global missions.
• Proven experience and ability in leading a large multi-staff church.
• Ordained as a Teaching Elder in the Presbyterian Church in America or the willingness and ability to transfer your ordination to the PCA.