High School Pastor (Impact Director)
Willow Creek Community Church
We are excited to see how God will provide a high capacity relational leader for historically one of the most influential churches in America, Willow Creek Community Church. As Willow is experiencing a “new day,” they eagerly anticipate a collaborative leader who will help influence the direction the student ministries takes as they seek to impact Chicago-land through a relational ministry approach.
Willow Creek Community Church has consistently been one of the most influential churches in America with a clear vision focused on reaching un-churched people worldwide.
Willow Creek began in a movie theater more than 40 years ago with a goal of doing church differently—reaching those who were burned out on religion. Today, Willow Creek continues to pioneer innovative ways for people to experience the love of God.
The church went through dramatic leadership changes in 2018 and a “new day” is beginning to take shape at Willow as the staff, elders and congregation seek to honor the Lord with the future of Willow Creek Church.
Currently there are about 20,000 people who gather at one of eight Chicagoland locations each weekend, and thousands more stream services online through Willow Creek TV.
Willow Creek remains, above all else, a local church of Christ followers committed to loving everyone, always, reaching people far from God, and helping them become fully-devoted followers of Christ.
– Provide Vision & Oversight: Develop a strategic vision and implementation strategy for the high school ministry that includes discipleship, evangelism, and engaging programming and events.
– Build and manage systems for accommodating growth that will allow for scalable health and progress.
– Establish ministry goals with individual team members and evaluate progress regularly.
– Manage the approved Student Impact budget.
– Small Groups: Run a robust small group infrastructure that may include the current House Group/Small Group model but also open to other operating models for the Director to determine.
– Camp experiences/Weekends: Provide engaging weekend and camp experiences for high school students that encourage community building, evangelism, and personal spiritual growth.
– Provide a safe and secure environment before, during and after weekend services and special events.
– Support an environment for students of all backgrounds.
Collaboration: Work closely with all of NextGen Team
– Bachelors degree required
– 5+ years
– Experience with leading a paid-staff team of 3 or more direct reports
– Strong and dynamic communication to groups of all sizes.
– Track record of leading and growing dynamic team (paid and volunteer)