High School Pastor
Ten Mile Christian Church
Why We Love This Opportunity *
We love the way that Ten Mile Christian loves their community and believe a new High School Pastor will be able to take them even farther as they reach the unchurched people in their city and help mature those who know Jesus.
Church or Org Description *
Ten Mile Christian Church is a body of believers in Meridian, Idaho (just outside of Boise). The church is known for their hospitality and welcoming all people, no matter their walk of life. They are multi-generational and diverse in many other ways (race, socio-economics, family situations and religious backgrounds).
Ten Mile Christian has been led by Pastor Steve Moore since 1976. The church moved to its new location about a decade ago and the city has expanded around it and the once vacant spaces around the property are soon to be occupied by new businesses, housing developments and parks; setting up the church for even more growth.
The church (about 1600 in weekly attendance) is currently wrapping up a very successful capital campaign called “Unfinished” and is about to break ground on a new building which will house classrooms and a second worship venue . In addition, sections of the current building will then be retrofitted so that new offices can be created to accommodate the growth of staff.
The Church has five Sunday services at 9am, 10:30am, Noon, 4:30pm and 6:00pm.
Position Description *
Position Purpose: To provide spiritual leadership for TMC’s High School Ministries
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years leading youth ministry in a 500+ congregation
General Pastoral Responsibilities:
- Be positive, friendly and socially inclusive.
- Cooperate fully with management and financial procedures
- Maintain regular office hours with exceptions being approved by the Next Gen Minister.
- Assist the Senior Minister in building a strong and joyful staff team.
- Promote, educate and model biblical stewardship.
- Supervise all high school ministry staff and volunteers.
- Attend monthly/quarterly staff meetings
- Be able to mentor others with wisdom and grace.
- Other duties as prescribed by the Next Gen Minister.
High School Responsibilities
- Curriculum is chosen by the High School Minister
- The HS Minister must be willing, able and successful at recruiting passionate volunteers.
- The HS Minister must be a good communicator and an equipper of others.
- Be a resource for staff, volunteers and parents.
- Model and teach Biblical worship.
- Develop and implement, with other staff, several community outreach events each year
- Ability to manage staff. The High School minister may oversee an assistant, interns, and of course a large volunteer staff.