Preston Trail Community Church is PASSIONATE about seeing unchurched people reached with the Gospel and the community of believers growing in Jesus! The Student Ministry is a catalyst to help reach this vision and we couldn’t be more excited to partner with this growing multi-site Church in their search for a new High School Pastor at their Central campus in Frisco!
Preston Trail Community Church was started 17 years ago by longtime friends Paul Basden and Jim Johnson. Both were native Texans who had attended Baylor University, and felt called back to the city of Frisco, Texas, to serve people who were far from God. At the time, Frisco was a small town of 35,000, and Preston Trail gathered for its first few years in an AMC movie theatre. The early days of Preston Trail focused on children’s ministry and creating a welcoming space where the “appearance of a perfect life” was not a prerequisite for attending church. Today, that same emphasis is just as evident at Preston Trail as it was in the beginning.
Frisco now has a population of nearly 200,000 people and is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. Through its active and intentional involvement in the community, Preston Trail has grown in tandem with the city it serves, hosting 3500+ in weekly worship. In the summer of 2017, Preston Trail launched their first multi-site campus in nearby McKinney, also one of the fastest growing cities in the nation.
Primarily responsible for all aspects of high school ministry to students (grades 9 through 12).
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers
· Create relational and programmatic opportunities to reach unchurched students
· Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy services for high school students
· Create and manage a high school student ministry calendar
· Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers
· Develop and disciple a group of student leaders
· Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices
· Cast vision for, teach, and program the church’s annual spring retreat for high school students
· Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings
· Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry facilities and grounds
· Assist in the development of an annual budget for high school student ministries and manage spending to budget
· Work with: Students/Ministry Team Members
· Report to: Executive Pastor
· Category: Full Time
· Number of Hours: 40 to 50
· Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt