High School Pastor
Neighborhood Church is truly reaching the unchurched and de-churched population with the Love of Jesus; we are so excited to partner with them to bring a High School Pastor who will continue the transformation taking place in the high school ministry.
Driven by a desire to love neighborhood kids, a married couple in the 1940’s began to dream about what it would look like to reach kids and families who were not being reached.
This couple reached out to others who shared this vision, this community became known as Neighborhood Church and it grew beyond their wildest imaginations. As Neighborhood grew, they asked: “What does the future of Visalia look like?” The answer to this question (and more) inspired a movement that spread throughout city streets, into suburban neighborhoods and down country roads. A partnership was created with a local school. Neighborhood’s capacity to love others grew and grew, as Neighborhood transformed into a church that was FOR Visalia.
Today Neighborhood Church stands as a space where anyone can belong, even before they believe. Where people can encounter a life-changing relationship with Jesus. Where authentic relationships matter. Where the church seeks out opportunities to make Visalia a better place.
They believe that together they continue to make an impact that will last far beyond the here and the now. The story of Neighborhood Church. The story of Jesus. A story that’s FOR Visalia.
The High School Pastor will provide primary catalytic leadership for students (grades 9-12) and adult volunteers in the areas of spiritual growth, leadership development, shepherding, and alignment to the mission of Neighborhood Church.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Strategically partner with the Next Gen Pastor and Junior High Pastor in developing goals and casting vision for the Student Ministry
– Team with partner ministry areas (Kids, Missions, Creative Arts, etc) making NC a cohesive community that cares for and invests in the next generation
– Develop teams of volunteer leaders who are equipped to run weekly, thriving HS
– Develop and implement creative, exciting and relevant HS programs and environments that include weekly programming, mission trips, and camps
– Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events
– In collaboration with the Next Gen Pastor, partner with parents using the “Orange philosophy”
– In order to model our desire to be FOR our community, actively participate in local
school/community events and activities
– Prepare and manage the HS budget within the parameters established by the XP and Elder Board
REPORTS TO: Next Gen Pastor
WORK SCHEDULE: 44+ hours/wk.