Valley Church is a fantastic partner-church. We love their focus on outreach and maturing believers in Christ. They are looking for a high school pastor who is passionate about relationships with students and leaders.
Valley Church is an influential, mission-centered church in the heart of West Des Moines. Valley Church started in 1990. Living out a desire to do good works, to build good will, to share good news, the church has grown to 2200+ weekly attenders with a $5.6 million budget. In 2000 the church constructed their current 70,000 sq. ft. facility and they now host six weekly worship services and countless ministry activities during the week. In 2013 they opened the Valley Community Center as a gift to the community. They seek to create good will in the community through good works and partnership, to reach diverse groups, and ultimately to impact as many as possible in the Des Moines area.
The Valley Community Center anchors a 35-acre campus across the street from the church. The church has an unyielding passion to love their community, as evidenced by the over 8,000 participants in Love You Des Moines Days, a signature series of events that demonstrates their deep love for their neighbors.
- 4,000 people call Valley Church their church home
- Average weekly attendance is 2,000
- They belong to the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA) denomination
The High School Ministry Lead Associate is responsible for directing the spiritual formation process of the High School Ministry (9th-12th grades).
- A wholehearted commitment to Jesus Christ and Valley Church
- In agreement with and enthusiasm toward our vision and core values
- Strong communication abilities
- A very positive influence in the church and community
- Good conflict resolution skills
- A track record of active ministry involvement
- Leading others in a positive way
- Humility, teachability, loyalty and personal holiness are of utmost importance
- Understand that our first calling is to serve the whole church, followed by serving in our specific ministry area.
- Work with the Student Ministries team, partnering in creating a scope and sequence.
- Plan, organize and execute a small group ministry.
- Plan, organize, and execute a Sunday morning large group ministry.
- Consistently connect with students and parents at church and beyond
- Be the main communicator for High School Ministry.
- Recruit, train, and meet with volunteers.
- Plan/execute budget
Compensation: Full-time, annual salary (based upon experience, credentials, etc.). Exempt status. Benefits include group health insurance, paid vacations, etc. Refer to Personnel Policies for details.