Director of Marketing & Development
This position has been filled.
Frontiers believes every Muslim deserves a chance to respond to the gospel of Jesus Christ. As the world’s largest Christian ministry focused solely on reaching Muslims in their heartlands, their mission is with love and respect, inviting all Muslim peoples to follow Jesus.
Frontiers focuses on places where the most Muslims – and fewest Christians – live; places where many millions spend their whole lives without ever meeting one follower of Jesus. Frontiers’ United States Sending Base (USSB) partners with American churches to recruit, train, send and serve long-term missionary workers to catalyze movements of disciples and churches in Muslim heartlands overseas.
The Director of Marketing & Development will lead the marketing and fundraising for the USSB (US Sending Base) mission fund. She or he shepherds a team and, as part of the USSB leadership team, aligns development with the ministry’s vision and needs. The successful candidate will return the nearly $2M mission fund to growth by focusing on donor care essentials and by creating and operationalizing long-term plans. He/she has the opportunity to meaningfully engage donors in Frontiers’ work, showing how joyful financial partnership can bring the gospel to places many dare not go.
Frontiers now has sending bases in about 30 countries. The ministry has grown in numbers and impact, with decades of experience that enables them to reach Muslim communities that might otherwise never hear of Jesus’ sacrificial love. The USSB has 104 full-time staff and 35 part-time employees, and its revenue target for FY2019 is just under $2 million (as part of an overall budget of nearly $20 million).
If you are a person who will thrive there, you are confident and proactive, with a solid Christian character. You focus on excellence in execution and long-range planning and bring resourcefulness and persistence when facing challenges. You communicate effectively. As to what you are doing now? You might be working in sales or nonprofit fundraising with at least five years’ experience that includes advancing 6-figure accounts. Wherever you are, you are working not by yourself, but on a team, as a leader or productive member.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Work experience in fundraising or sales; 5+ years.
- Demonstrated ability to manage significant development or sales accounts.
- History of sustained, positive relationships with donors, peers, direct reports, and supervisors.
- Proven success in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors, including for 6-figure gifts.
- Experience organizing campaigns and significant projects.
- Ability to shepherd a team to achieve long-term fundraising results.
- Regional and national travel, up to 25% of regular schedule, with Texas and California as historically important sources of funding. International travel may be required up to 3 weeks a year.
- Salary: $90–$105,000 annually, depending on experience.
- Benefits: Cigna health insurance with a pre-tax monthly employee contribution of $90-$170; 403(b) plan that includes an organizational match.
- Vacation: Two (2) weeks to start, increasing one week each five years.
This position has been filled.
To learn more about the ministry of Frontiers, go to www.frontiersusa.org.