Manager of Information Technology
This position has been filled.
Family Radio is a radio broadcast, streaming and content ministry whose mission is three-fold:  to enable people to discover, hear, read and trust in the Word of God and in the Lord Jesus Christ;  to edify the body of Christ; and  to build up churches and pastors in whatever ways possible. Their desire is to help people manage all their existing and future business operations IT systems and contracts, including email, website and streaming, CRM, accounting systems, radio traffic systems and broadcast automation systems.
Family Radio was established in the San Francisco Bay area in 1958 as a nonprofit, listener-supported Christian radio ministry. Over the last six decades, the ministry has grown to more than 85 terrestrial radio signals throughout the US, as well as a fast-growing digital presence, with streaming and increasing on-demand content.
Family Radio features hymns and inspirational music from artists such as The Gettys, Wintley Phipps, The Discovery Singers, Buddy Greene, The Gaithers, Michael Card, John Michael Talbot, The National Christian Choir, and The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir and Singers, just to name a few. They also actively seek to partner with churches and ministries that proclaim a strong Gospel message. Current partners include John MacArthur (Grace to You), R.C. Sproul (Renewing Your Mind), John Piper (Ask Pastor John) and Alistair Begg (Truth for Life), as well as a coalition of Reformed pastors and teachers presenting programs like Dr. Barnhouse and the Bible and The Bible Study Hour with Dr. James Boice.
The ministry is currently in the process of moving its headquarters from Oakland, CA to Franklin, TN, just south of Nashville. It is led by its President, Tom Evans and a small board of directors. Their total revenues in 2019 are projected to be just over $8.5 million, with 90% of that coming via listener support. They have a full-time and part-time staff of about 40, over half of whom will be located in the new Tennessee headquarters in Berry Farms, scheduled to open this Fall, whose surrounding neighborhood is a mix of offices, homes, shops and restaurants.
The Manager of Information Technology (IT) will manage all existing and future Family Radio business operations IT systems and contracts, including email, web presence, CRM, accounting systems, radio traffic systems and broadcast automation systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide IT support for in-house and remote staff to address needs for laptops, desktops, printers, and other IT equipment.
- Coordinate with Web-dev and Listener Services teams to maintain and address CRM and website back end issues.
- Maintain and update Network of Broadcast and Enterprise software Servers Desktops. Help in the new Tennessee headquarters’ Server Room build-out and network transition. Maintain Network Routers, Switches, VPN, Internet circuits.
- Provide networking support to Broadcast Operations for AOIP system.
- User support for Office 365 email and software.
- Maintain Active Directory for user permissions etc.
- Manage and Maintain VOIP phone system for all staff.
- Document all IT infrastructure, and users and keep updated records.
- Assist Director of Engineering in connected sites VPN and Network Operation Center design and maintenance for remote monitoring.
- Install and maintain all computer related hardware and software licenses. Maintain data continuity across Family Radio departments.
- Assist with idea planning for new digital ministry and media method development.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a kind, Christ-like attitude in dealing with and ministering to people within and outside of Family Radio; and faithfully uphold and embrace Family Radio’s mission, doctrinal statement and Declaration of Christian Community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Management Information Systems or related field.
- Familiarity with Cisco products, Microsoft MSCE, Apple, Wheatstone Wheatnet, Telos Axia, web services, cloud-based computing services.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Appropriate certifications such as Cisco, Microsoft, AWS, CompTIA A+, etc.
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a professional, courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to respond quickly in a professional manner in time-sensitive situations.
- Ability to perform technical and programming responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position has been filled.
To learn more about the work and ministry of Family Radio, visit their website at www.familyradio.org.