Why We Love This Opportunity
Jacob’s Well is a growing church of approximately 2,000 people on an average weekend and is the largest evangelical church in the Eau Claire, Wisconsin, area. The ultimate goal of their ministry is to introduce people to the transformative power of a relationship with Jesus and to encourage life change
Jacob’s Well Church is a growing church of approximately 2,000 people on a weekend. The church is about an hour and a half east of Minneapolis in the town of Eau Claire, Wisconsin. It is attracting young families in the region and reaching people other churches don’t reach.
In 2000, Paul Berthiaume and his family, along with two other families, moved to Eau Claire with the intent to plant a church. Jacob’s Well had its beginning as a group of five families assembling in Paul’s living room. After six months of meeting, studying, praying, and working to develop, the group had grown to forty-two adults.
The church’s vision emphasizes process over conversion. “We seek an emphasis on the Gospel shaping every aspect of our lives”. The vision states, “Wherever we are on our journey we will take steps to know and become like Jesus”.
Jacob’s Well constructed a new 700 seat auditorium and converted its existing space into children’s space and launched a second venue with a simulcast message and live worship. They continue to dream and build for the future of the church. It’s a really exciting time to be part of what God is doing through Jacob’s Well.
The Formation Pastor leads the Care and Formation Teams in the ongoing strategizing and implementing of Jacob’s Well Church’s care and spiritual formation ministries. The Care and Formation Teams will work to continually create, communicate, and provide meaningful opportunities church-wide.
- Champion the overall spiritual formation of the church
- Create clear and concise next steps to help people grow in their faith journey
- Guide a vibrant small groups ministry as part of spiritual formation
- Lead and develop the Care Director, Guest Services Director, and Formation Ministry Assistant
- Create and manage systems and structures for group leader and volunteer development
- Recruit and equip volunteers
- As part of the Teaching Team, participating in series planning, message preparation, and speaking delivery
- Is a mature and fully devoted Christ-follower who is seeking to know and become like Christ
- Has a pastor’s heart, gifts of leading and shepherding, and the ability and passion to effectively coach and care for staff and volunteer leaders
- Is an emotionally and relationally healthy person
- Is a self-motivated, action-oriented leader who values people over program
- Has the ability to deliver excellent and engaging and Gospel-centered messages for weekend services