Why We Love This Opportunity
Chapel Pointe Church is doing something right, something different, and making a HUGE difference in the greater Grand Rapids area. We are thrilled to partner with them once again to help them find a Family/NextGen Pastor who will oversee those working through the birth to High School age range while providing direct ministry to the High School students and families.
Church or Org Description
Chapel Pointe has a history of faithful discipleship in West Michigan. The church was founded in the late 1950s and has had a continual journey of growth and transformation. In the early 2000’s Chapel, Pointe moved locations and changed names from Baldwin Street Baptist Church to Chapel Pointe. Chapel Pointe has experienced that same continued journey of transformation in the last seven years by engaging new families and expanded facilities in 2019.
Chapel Pointe is at a healthy place as a church. They are built on a foundation of prayer and discipleship. The church has a fantastic leadership structure built around staff, elders, deacon-couples, and lay volunteers. The programs and relationships focused on reaching the unchurched and maturing Christ-followers. They are not afraid of taking risks and hope a new Family Pastor will help them innovate and think outside the box of what can be as they seek to reach more families with the good news of Jesus.
Chapel Pointe is a multi-generational church. They offer weekly services at 8:30 am, 10 am, and 11:30 am. Chapel Pointe is a highly relational church with 50% of its core people connecting through their vibrant small groups that meet throughout the week.
The Family Ministries Pastor will lead staff and ministries teams to accomplish the vision of Chapel Pointe of multiplying transformed followers of Jesus. They will be responsible for developing and achieving specific goals related to a successful Family Ministry. The Family Ministries Pastor will oversee the teaching and discipleship path from children to high school. As well as partnering with parents to disciple their children.
– Lead, grow, and execute the high school ministry at Chapel Pointe.
– Effectively lead the overall vision, direction, and financial plan (budgets) for cpKids and cpStudents.
– Work with the Family Ministries Team to create a dynamic ministry to kids, students, and families.
– Ensure that the curriculum used at each age level of spiritual development connects to the next generation.
– Develop and implement a plan for ongoing parent training and encouragement.
– Meets the biblical qualifications of pastor/elder
– Experienced servant-leadership
– Consistent personal spiritual habits
– 5 years full-time ministry experience (at least two years large church)
– Leadership gifts necessary to recruit, equip and build ministry teams.
– A strong and engaging communicator who can connect with kids, students, and adults.