Why We Love This Opportunity
Resonate Church is a vibrant, welcoming, servant-led, and celebrating community with committed leadership and strong Biblical Gospel-centered teaching. With 3 campuses in Fremont, Hayward, and online, Resonate is a church on mission to make the name of Jesus known and to make disciples who make disciples.
Resonate is prayerfully searching for an Executive Pastor who is a student of culture, diversity, creativity, and above all a disciple of Jesus. This leader must be a leader of leaders, a coach, and an achiever.
Church or Org Description
Resonate was planted and launched in 2010 with a committed group of families and individuals under the leadership of Ryan Kwon guided by the direction of the Holy Spirit. This group of planters’ courageous and sacrificial obedience to embrace the truth of the Gospel and allow that truth to compel them towards risk and adventure has produced fruit that will live for generations to come.
They possess a deep desire for continued growth in authentic, theologically sound, heartfelt, excellent, and Christ-honoring worship. Resonate is both a multi-generational and multi-cultural church with a tremendous amount of nationalities represented in the community. You will not be able to find a “majority” at Resonate. Resonate celebrated massive moves in 2020 to two permanent locations for both of their physical campuses which has simply increased their capacity to serve the community at an even greater level of excellence and influence.
This growing community of over 2500 is on a dynamic trajectory as they dream big, take risks, love strong and serve humbly. Advancing the transformational truth of the Gospel and making disciples who make disciples will always be the “main thing” that drives the culture of this community.
The Candidate: Leader, innovator, coach, maximizer, strategic, achiever
The candidate will act as the Chief of Staff who will oversee the ministry leaders by…
1. Executing the vision set by the Lead Pastor
2. Providing pastoral leadership and coaching to the staff team and high-level leaders to maximize their God-given abilities and lead towards attitudes of excellence
3. Creating clear strategies and sustaining systems to multiply and scale the mission of making disciples, while creating a culture of alignment and accountability to fight vision drift
4. Working with the Lead Pastor on setting staff culture, training staff, and other ministry leaders through the leadership pipeline
5. Inspiring and catalyzing the very best out of head (execution, strategy, organization), and heart (strong engagement of self and story)
6. Innovation that will take Resonate into the next decade of ministry
A full job description is available upon request