This Director of Marketing Communications role at Christ Church is a great opportunity to serve in a dynamic, growing church with a clear vision for the future. Located in one of the most desirable communities in the country, it’s the perfect opportunity for a Marketing and Communications leader who readily understands the need to communicate to a wide range of ages in multiple ways. This person will lead the charge in helping them ensure Christ Church’s brand identity reflects their heart and mission.
Christ Church is a non-denominational, evangelical, multisite church that meets in three physical locations. Everything they do is based on their belief in the Lordship of Christ and the understanding that they have been called to proclaim the Good News and engage in good works. Christ Church’s mission is to “help people discover life with God” and their vision is to “fuel a movement to reach people and renew communities.” They look to do those things by loving God, serving others and reaching out. With a significant presence in their community for 38 years, they are known for being Bible-based and family-oriented. Because they are a vital presence in their community as one of the only evangelical churches, there is great potential here. Leveraging the amazing talent and treasure found at Christ Church affords exponential results in the hands of the right person.
Christ Church is located in Lake Forest, IL, considered to be one of the most prestigious and affluent communities in the Chicago suburban area. The church desires not only to make an impact their immediate community with the Gospel, but to create a movement that reaches people throughout the Chicago area and the world. Recent vision has been cast to raise $19M over the next two years that will be used to fund local and global missions, launch 3 new local campuses and plant 6 new churches overseas, and to help the struggling in Lake County, IL. Because they are a vital presence in their community as one of the only evangelical churches, there is great potential here. Leveraging the amazing talent and treasure found at Christ Church will reap exponential results in the hands of the right person.
The Director of Marketing Communications at Christ Church is primarily responsible for overseeing all aspects of media and communication for the church including web, publications, signs, media, social media and video. This person will partner with senior leadership in planning, coordinating, implementing, and embracing ownership of a comprehensive Marketing/Communications strategy. Success in this role will be based largely on building and developing teams who will manage the creative elements of campaigns from ideation to execution.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Handling coordination and production of regular publications (including, but not limited to worship service bulletins, bulletin inserts, e-newsletters, annual reports, visitor and ministry brochures, and posters, etc.) in a timely, accurate and presentable manner consistent with CC’s vision, ethos, and branding.
- Developing branding initiatives, internal communications, and external advertising relations.
- Addressing challenges, adding goals and seizing opportunities related to the communications/marketing ministry that is in alignment with the church’s goals.
- Creating and launching strategic marketing campaigns, analyzing demographic and optimizing processes for tangible results/returns.
- Responsibility for development and deployment of CC’s website and the related collateral sites and for coordination of efforts to keep information accurate and up-to-date.
- Developing and deploying various forms of electronic communication (email, social networking, etc.)