This position has been filled.
International Cooperating Ministries (ICM) is a $30 million Christian nonprofit based in Hampton, VA that partners with over 200 indigenous ministries in 91 countries and equips them for expanding church growth. ICM provides financial and procedural support for congregations to build their own church buildings. ICM also provides discipleship resources in over 50 languages primarily through the Mini Bible College (MBC) curriculum… a clear, systematic audio and print Bible study developed by Pastor Dick Woodward.
Their mission is to nurture believers and assist church growth worldwide. ICM does this by partnering with indigenous ministries to equip local churches with two vital resources: A permanent church building and practical discipleship tools for oral learners. ICM wants to see a healthy reproducing church within walking distance of everyone in the world. Learn more about their vision here.
The church building work of International Cooperating Ministries (ICM) began in India in 1986 when he provided funding to build several churches there to honor his family. Shortly after the initial work in India began, Rosser established a charitable foundation using a substantial portion of his personal wealth to fund the administrative and general expenses of the ministry. He continues to inspire the staff to greater effectiveness each day.
Today, MBC is available in 50 languages and is being distributed in over 160 countries using digital devices, Internet, phone apps, satellite TV and through social media There are over eight thousand ICM church projects around the world. These projects include not only self-sustaining church buildings, but also church orphanages, chapels, Hope Centers, learning centers, pastoral training centers and schools. As a result of ICM’s church planting and multiplication strategy, the ministry has seen tens of thousands of additional church congregations established.
Position Summary: The Chief Program Officer is responsible for leading all the programs of ICM. This person must organize cross-department Strategic Ministry Teams to build a collaborative group dedicated to accomplishing ICM goals in each region of the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Department of International Church Growth (30%). The Department of International Church Growth is responsible to determine and implement strategies in their respective regions to supervise all international construction projects and recommend new projects. They manage all international partner relationships.
- Oversee the Department of Discipleship Resources (30%). Discipleship Resources spearheads the ministry’s worldwide nurturing mission, by expanding distribution of Mini Bible College (MBC) using the latest and most culturally appropriate technology; growing ministry assets in multiple language translations; and identifying and executing on the best mode of delivery and use of MBC
- Oversee the Department of Support for International Church Growth (20%). The Support Department for ICG collects information on behalf of the ministry from multiple sources and ensures that it is accurate, and timely. They ensure that all users of the Kingdom Builders database system across ICM are able to access church project information in the most efficient way possible.
- Serve as an Executive within the ministry as part of the Executive Leadership Team (20%).
- Strategic thinker, able to take overall vision and break that down into manageable plans and goals, direct and assign team member responsibility.
- Effective manager, team builder, coach and mentor of people.
- Superior written and spoken communication skills.
- Cultural intelligence… “the capacity to function effectively in a multicultural environment.”’
- Global thinker, familiar with regional and societal trends and strategically connected with like-minded ministries and organizations around the world.
- Sufficient financial acumen to oversee 85% of the entire ministry’s budget.
- International travel experience.
- Leadership and management experience in the corporate world.
- Experience as a lay Bible teacher.
- 20+ years combined business and ministry leadership.
This position has been filled.
To learn more about the ministry of International Cooperating Ministries, please visit their website at www.icm.org.