Why We Love This Opportunity
Sugar Creek is looking for someone to join them in making disciples of Jesus Christ across campuses, cultures and continents. The mission of Sugar Creek is to LOVE and LEAD all people to LIFE-change in Christ and the Connect Group Pastor is a critical part of helping accomplish this.
Sugar Creek is making disciples of Jesus Christ across campuses, cultures and continents. Their mission is to Love and Lead All People To Life-change in Christ
Sugar Creek is committed to love and lead all people to life-change in Christ. For more than 40 years, Sugar Creek has been fulfilling this mission throughout the Houston region and around the world. Because Sugar Creek is land-locked to the 13 acres of their original campus, they moved to a multi-site ministry model in 2013. Since that time they have grown from an average weekend attendance of 3000 to over 4600. Sugar Creek is also located in the most ethnically diverse county in the U.S., with over 90 countries represented in their congregation.
In 2002, Pastor Mark Hartman was called as senior pastor of Sugar Creek. Pastor Hartman’s leadership has given Sugar Creek a renewed sense of purpose. In the past few years, attendance in Sunday Morning Worship and Bible Fellowship has grown dramatically. The church staff and church budget have multiplied. God’s hand is at work at Sugar Creek and they look forward to the future as they continue to Love and Lead all People to Life Change in Christ.
The Connect Group Pastor is part of the The Adult Ministry Team and is responsible to provide direct leadership and support of the The Adult Ministry Team ministry(ies) of the church.
- To equip spiritual leaders in the work of the ministry.
- To communicate internally and externally the vision, values, purpose, strategy, and outcomes of the ministry of the church.
- To build teams of volunteers carrying out the work of the ministry.
- To ensure a high level of quality in all volunteer ministries related to the The Adult Ministry Team Ministry.
PRIMARY MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work in conjunction with the Adult Ministry Team Leader to develop and implement the Sugar Creek Connect Group strategy at the Sugar Land Campus. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Oversee all Connect Group activities at the Sugar Land Campus.
- Ensure accurate tracking of Connect Group metrics.
- Work with the Adult Ministry Team to provide curriculum and resources to leaders.
- Oversee Connect Group Coach training at the Sugar Land Campus.
A full job description is available upon request