Why We Love This Opportunity
Celebration Church is currently seeking a Comptroller to join the movement of what God is doing in and through this ministry and its leaders, Stovall and Kerri Weems.
While carefully overseeing the overall accounting process for the church, the new Comptroller will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health and growth of the organization.
Church or Org Description
Celebration Church holds a unique role in the global church as they live out its mission to see God’s family pursuing God’s Kingdom. Celebration Church is a global, multi-city church. Founded by Pastors Stovall and Kerri Weems, Celebration began in 1998 in Jacksonville, Florida, and now has more than 10,000 in average weekly attendance. Celebration Church is committed to following the leading of the Holy Spirit in all aspects of their work.
As pastors, writers, teachers, and conference speakers, the Weems’ ministry focuses on equipping people with the understanding necessary to demonstrate loyalty to Jesus, experience restoration, walk-in wholeness, and see the kingdom of God demonstrated in the full context of the ecclesia in the home, locally, regionally, and globally. Stovall is also on the lead team of ARC, the Association of Related Churches, which has raised up more than 600 church planters, resourcing, training, and equipping them to plant new faith communities all over the world.
If you ask anyone on the team at Celebration where they are at, they will tell you – “We’re just getting started!”
The Celebration Church Comptroller oversees all accounting and financial operations of the organization. The Comptroller will ensure the integrity of all compliance requirements and lead the accounting team.
• Oversee the activities of the Finance Team, including Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable departments
• Work collaboratively with the executive pastor to establish financial plans to help implement strategy
• Protects and maximizes return on financial assets, guides financial decisions, and determines financial projections
• Monitors and confirms the financial condition of the organization, providing the necessary reports, data, and analysis
• Prepares budgets and guides the organization to achieve budget objectives
• Protects organizational operation by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
• Manages and oversees the Annual Audit
• Prepares all necessary board reports and ensures board compliance and ECFA requirements are
• Degree in accounting. Advanced degree or a master’s preferred. Having a CPA or CMA is an added advantage
Financial management position for at least five years
Must be able to create financial statements and general ledger functions, knowledge of accounting principles, and ability to use accounting software
• Critical eye for detail
• Must be able to work under pressure and on short deadlines