Why We Love This Opportunity
Canyon Ridge is moving into a new season of ministry that is elevating digital communications and content creation. The communications department will lead the way in telling the story of what God is doing at Canyon Ridge through video, web, and social media content. Canyon Ridge is seeking a Communication Director that will be instrumental in developing new strategies for delivering engaging content to the community and the church that inspires people to take steps of costly obedience and risky sharing of the life Jesus has given us.
Church or Org Description
Canyon Ridge Christian Church (Las Vegas, Nevada) began in 1993 as a church plant from Central Christian Church. Over the years, Canyon Ridge has built a 3000 seat auditorium, a 30,000 sq. ft. Kids and Student building, a 500 seat chapel, and other buildings. In Oct of 2018, after a very successful succession process, Drew Moore became Lead Pastor. Drew’s leadership has signaled the beginning of the next generation of God’s work in the Las Vegas valley through Canyon Ridge.
Canyon Ridge is developing a nimble and responsive leadership culture that will prepare them to move into the future beyond Covid-19, and that reflects a commitment to both physical and digital platforms to serve their city. While Las Vegas is primarily known as an international resort destination, it also serves as the financial, cultural, and commercial center of Nevada.
300+ days of sunshine each year allow for every kind of outdoor recreation, Las Vegas consistently shows up on the list of America’s fastest-growing cities. Beyond the lights of the Strip is a diverse community of people who love their city and are hungry for the kind of life and relationships that are authentic and meaningful.
The Communications Director will be responsible for leading the Communications Team to create and execute a strategy that distributes the story of what God is up to at Canyon Ridge to our ministries, the church family, and the community at large.
Communications Strategy Development and Execution:
– Execute a strategy that allows every person at Canyon Ridge and in our surrounding community to know what God is up to and how to engage that through multiple media.
– Execute a process that gives every ministry access to multiple stories of what God is up to right now
– Manage our brand standards in ways that produce clarity, inspire engagement, and remain recognizably Canyon Ridge.
Information Clarity and Management
– Contribute to and shape communications and information delivery to the community, church, and staff to elevate engagement and reflect our values and priorities.
Front End Data
– Clarify the target of every communication piece and by taking the current pulse on the needs and desires of the church and community we serve.
– Lead the communications team to work efficiently and effectively together, producing work that is at the highest quality, on time, and with a budget.