Why We Love This Opportunity
Slingshot is once again thrilled to partner with Venture Christian; this time, we are looking to fill a College & Young Adults role where the hire will likely also serve as the second primary voice on the main stage for weekend services. The candidate should be gifted as a communicator but also have a high relational drive and desire to build community and leaders.
Church or Org Description
Venture Christian Church is establishing itself as a church IN the community FOR the community. With relevant teaching and engaging ministry environments, Venture is poised to make a dramatic impact for the Kingdom in the future. Prior to COVID, the church saw more than 3500 people gathering each week. People are beginning to return to the in-person gatherings (about 2000 weekly) on Sunday, and the excitement every weekend for what God is doing is palpable.
Venture has a welcoming vibe and a contemporary expression of worship with an effective and relevant ministry for every age group. As Senior Pastor, Tim Lundy is known for his biblical and practical teaching style that welcomes and challenges those far from God and believers alike. It’s a big church that connects individuals through small groups and serving opportunities.
Today, Venture continues to pursue the vision to reach the Bay Area and beyond with the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ. The church is excited to bring on a College & Young Adults Pastor who is passionate about people and communicating God’s Word. It is anticipated this new hire will serve as a second main-stage Pastor and preach on a regular basis.
The College / Young Adult Pastor will be a visionary leader passionate about investing in young adults, dynamically communicating the Word from the main stage, and championing a culture of invitation and missional intentionality that reaches those far from God.
– Serve as the primary leader and communicator to the college and young adults’ community
– Serve alongside the Senior Pastor as a main stage teaching pastor for weekend services
– Identify, recruit and develop leaders within the college and young adult community
– Implement best practices and create a healthy team dynamic and culture of collaboration
– Leverage church systems to carry out the vision and champion college / young adults in taking the next step in their journey with Jesus
– Provide pastoral care to leaders and young adults. Innovate and implement strategies for reaching people far from God
– Build a thriving and robust serving culture centered around harnessing and empowering young adults to be the church
– Serve under the church’s leadership and be personally mentored in the church’s signature style of visual communication and preaching
– Develop and manage the budget supporting college and young adult ministry