Why We Love This Opportunity
Join a growing staff at a church with a new vision to engage its community like never before. Blue Springs Christian Church is positioned to see dramatic growth and new levels of ministry in the coming season. Blue Springs has the resources in the facility and people required to see it happen.
Church or Org Description
Blue Springs Christian Church (BSCC) has been guiding its community into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus for the past four decades. This church of 1,000 (pre-Covid) is in the far eastern suburbs of Kansas City, Missouri. With an expansive facility and a remodeled worship center, they are ready to once again “get back to normal this fall.” But they know that without taking serious steps forward in their digital online presence and practices, they will not be able to complete the mission they are called to, which is to reach and engage the lost.
“We are a Both/And church, and by that, I mean, we are both Attractional and Missional, and we are a phygital church–both digital and in person. We believe relationships and prayer are essential to reaching people in a post-Christian culture.”
These suburbs are growing with new homes and young families. It is a short drive to the 30th largest metro area in the country. Kansas City is home to the Royals, Chiefs, and of course…BBQ! Read more about all this area has to offer https://www.visitkc.com/
The position of the Children’s Minister is to provide strategic oversight for the spiritual growth and development of children from infancy through 5th Grade.
This individual should be passionate about reaching the lost for Christ and introducing and guiding children into a growing relationship with Him.
A candidate who will succeed in this role will come to the table with ideas, experience, and a vision for how to build a kids ministry at a thriving church.
Does this describe you?
- Track record of successful experience with recruiting, training, and deploying large teams of volunteers
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work positively in a team-based environment
- Understanding of and willingness to reach for a high standard of excellence
- Ability to lead change amongst diverse teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects and processes together
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional IQ
- Ability to delegate and lead teams as necessary