Chief Operating Officer
Harvest Bible Chapel
Why We Love This Opportunity *
This is an incredible opportunity to help lead a high impact and influential church into the preferable future
Church or Org Description *
Harvest Bible Chapel is a church that seeks the vertical, full expression of God’s glory. Harvest Bible Chapel is going after high-impact, window-rattling, life-altering worship services and discipleship ministry that gives glory to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Harvest Bible Chapel is one church on seven campuses with one purpose: bring glory to God. And our story is still being written, as He continues to change lives by His Spirit through our ministries and people.
Today Harvest Bible Chapel is a family of thousands, with Christ-adoring worshipers on multiple campuses throughout Chicagoland. Harvest Bible Chapel started as a group of 18 people, who gathered from five different churches across the northwest suburbs and desired to form a new church. Together, they developed a vision for the church, which grew into the Five Pillars—Unapologetic Preaching, Unashamed Adoration, Unceasing Prayer, Unafraid Witness, and Unconditional Love.
Position Description *
The COO is responsible for the general management of day-to-day church operations including the facilitation of strategic planning, implementation of key initiatives, direction of human resources & information systems, provision of healthy/sustainable finances and coordination of facility uses.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Grasp day-to-day ministry & business operation’s needs (managing effectively)
- Understand dynamics of the organization (increasing capability & value of team)
- Frame the ministry’s challenges (visioning)
- Generate solutions to issues (analyzing, planning)
- Ensure needed processes, practices, systems are in place & used (evaluating, executing)
- Motivate & lead high-performance management team (motivating)
- Mentor direct reports to improve skills & increase capabilities and interrelationships (cultivating)
- Provide direction that mirrors the adopted vision and core values (aligning, leading)
- Identify growth opportunities & set priorities (recognizing opportunities God provides)
- Ensure timely, informative internal & external communications (messaging & informing)
- Optimize the use of church resources & finances (stewarding)
- Recognize human resources as most valuable asset (developing/coaching/mentoring culture)
- Think strategically and anticipate future results (recognizing trends/needs/consequences)