Why We Love This Opportunity
The sky is literally the limit at Heartland! The Campus Pastor will get every opportunity to lead and influence people to become part of Heartland’s next campus. They will be part of the Teaching Team and have the opportunity to speak regularly and consistently. This is a great opportunity to join Heartland and its mission to engage people in the process of finding and following Jesus while sharing His love with our community and the world.
In September 1996, a group of individuals from Parma Heights Baptist Church began meeting together with the purpose of starting a new kind of church in the fast-growing area of Medina County. It was designed to be a “church for the unchurched,” for individuals who “had given up on church, but not on God.” This new church would be a safe place for those who were “seeking” God. It would be a church where they could feel free to sit back and consider the claims of Christianity without feeling any pressure in any way.
Much work went into structuring this church, and after a year of prayerful planning, Heartland Community Church began public services in 1997. Heartland is a young church, ready to meet the demands of a new century. Their desire is to be culturally relevant as they work to meet the needs of their community.
Heartland Community Church identifies, equips, and SENDS out leaders of character who are passionate about helping people find, follow, and share the love of Jesus. Starting new campuses is their strategy for developing leaders and accomplishing this mission.
The purpose of a Campus Pastor is to function as the primary leader of a particular Heartland Community Church Campus. This person will need to offer their pastoral gifting to the Campus’ congregation, be an excellent teacher and communicator, as well as provide the leadership necessary to equip those at the campus to make a significant impact for the Kingdom in the Campus’ community and around the world.
- Knows Heartland’s culture and lives it out daily, at home and at work
- Must be assessed as a Campus Pastor through Heartland’s Campus Pastor/Church Planter assessment platform
- Prefers working in a fast-paced, always-changing environment
- Recruits and empowers volunteer teams
- Prioritizes their own spiritual formation
- Possesses excellent teaching and communication skills
- Experience in managing and leading teams of staff and volunteers
- Continually works to align the Campus with Heartland’s Mission, Vision and Values
A full job description is available upon request