Why We Love This Opportunity
The Campus Pastor at CenterPoint will join them in their mission to give EVERYONE on Long Island multiple opportunities to hear and respond to the gospel, by being a missional and attractional church that leads people into a deeper relationship with Jesus.
CenterPoint in Long Island started 19 years ago when Lead Pastor Brian McMillan gathered people in his parents house. The church started with a handful of single people in their 20’s. Slowly but surely, the church grew. CenterPoint moved many times over the first 10 years until they finally found a permanent home. CenterPoint outgrew their space and that led them to go multisite.
Today, CenterPoint is a thriving church of 2000+ on a Sunday with 4 campuses that has grown consistently each of the last 19 years. CenterPoint finds that being missional and attractional aren’t mutually exclusive and both are beneficial for reaching the lost. CenterPoint is theologically conservative, yet culturally progressive. As a church they’re ethnically, theologically and socially diverse. CenterPoint is looking for a self-starter to join our team and pastor their 5th campus. Campuses at CenterPoint have a balance of live teaching twice a month from the campus pastor as well as video a message from the Lead Pastor the other 2 weeks.
CenterPoint exist to give EVERYONE on Long Island multiple opportunities to hear and respond to the gospel, by being a missional and attractional church that leads people into a deeper relationship with Jesus.
Top 3 priorities of a campus pastor:
1) To ensure the values and DNA of CenterPoint at the campus
2) To care for and disciple the campus body
3) To create a missional presence in the local community
Other Responsibilities include:
1) Create a sense of community and fellowship for the campus
2) Leadership of all aspects of the weekend service
3) Strategic planning and implementation
4) Oversee Campus budget
5) Leadership & development of all volunteer & paid staff.
6) Gets involved with the local community and finds ways for the church to have a missional presence in the community.
7) Pastoral care of local campus
8) Help guests move from their first visit to membership
9) Encourage members to participate in the 5 commitments of membership: Seek, Connect, Serve, Reach, Give
All pastors at CenterPoint are expected to:
1) Have an active and growing relationship with Jesus
2) Counsel and shepherd the church body
3) Work as part of a team/build up all ministries at CP
4) Perform weddings and funerals
5) Be quick-paced
6) Have a servant attitude
7) Be skilled in administration and organization
8) Have a welcoming and inviting presence